Please Don't Call Me Queen!

After I realized they were all indirectly her family I made a family chart to make it alittle clearer just how she's related to them:
https://imgur.com/a/JBtEtEd
For your enjoyment.

hey thanks for scanlating! i couldn't find translated novel anywhere but its pretty good read so far, are we up to the raws?

i hope she doesnt get with any of them because 🤮 they're related. do they want messed up babies? because that's how you get messed up babies. just get the whole 'play chess with cyan' bit over already please. she is a very interesting character though, can't wait to see how she handles becoming the queen

Aggregator gang
Well, that's an odd and even dangerous method of succession. Usually kingdoms tended to adhere to a very clearly delineated order of succession to avoid destabilizing the country and/or bloodshed. (Which didn't always work either, a well-known example of a succession conflict is War of the Roses.) One of the most common methods in high middle ages was eldest son inheriting all. Other older methods included splitting the realm amongs male sons, which is how the Carolingian Empire fractured apart (establishing what would eventually eveolve to France and Germany).

Unless this is their normal - and it appears it isn't - the kingdom would do well to ignore the late monarch's request and stick to the established succession. Trying to dictate your heir often leads to strife.

Or one could go the Crusader Kings way and try to get rid of that low-stat, negative-trait heir so that high-statted god of war is your new heir (and then he dies of pox).

Uh the incest is kind of weird, but during medieval ages(the time setting of this manga, i think) it wasn’t weird for royalty to marry relatives in order to preserve the bloodline. Even those manhwas you read about duke’s daughters marrying crow princes are slightly incest because
1. Dukes are usually descendants of people from the royal family. Usually these are the princes who failed to obtain the throne etc.
so basically they’re also relatives >.> although not stated directly.

Still weird but whatever. I’m totally not rooting for stewart tho. No thanks

But seeing as there is a reverse harem tag, she might just ascend the throne and make all 3 of them her consorts or smth.

Dex-chan lover
The romance is a bit meh even without the incest part, with it it'll be better to just do away with it altogether. The politics, while not a masterpiece, still has a hook to it. Let's see where it'll go.

Dex-chan lover
Reverse harem? People are interested in reading about a bunch of cucks?

Interesting. So the three male characters are the MC’s uncle, cousin and first cousin once removed. (Her Grandfather’s nephew, AKA her grand uncle’s son.) The blood relations are a little icky in my option, but then again. European royalty. They intermarry blood relatives I guess.

Interesting story so far. I think I like Steward that best? Kinda wish he wasn’t her uncle though.

JGJ

I'm loving it so far thanks for the translation! And for those saying their babies will be messed up I suggest you read into the facts surrounding cousin marriage and remember we all descend from such arrangements. Although there is a greater risk for genetic mutations, it is not as high as you would think. My grandparents are first cousins and had 6 children all healthy and fine.

Seriously, I'm not into incest, but the biology of human reproduction is much more complicated. For instance, having a chronic disease affects everyone's offspring, incest or not, however in the case of incest it poses a greater chance of being passed on. However, if the person is healthy it takes (scientifically) at least 4 generations for genetical disorders to form. Plus, we all need to remember that most royals tend to be step siblings or half siblings, considering how kings would have several wives/concubines. Genetical diversity is what's important for a new healthy 'unit', but it can also work the opposite way if you want to preserve a physical/mental characteristic of your offspring. Anyhow, long story short - incest is bad, but it's not as bad as people think. Educate yourself. 😂

Not into incest story myself, but royals did that in the past. So I’m not complaining and it seems to me that her love interests do not share the same mother/ grandmother with her father.

Still weird to me since thinking about marrying one’s uncle is well. Ya...

I’ll keep reading though.

Dex-chan lover
pretty good, a story that's not mindless drivel...

Group Leader
My my, what is this absolutely delectable piece of work I have managed myself to find? Yohohoho how deeply interesting!

no but really this is GOOD

Users who are viewing this thread