Please Don't Call Me Queen!

@Comic_nerd1012 I'm fine with her being spineless because she very clearly has severe anxiety and self esteem issues, stemming from a very valid past. As someone with severe anxiety and self esteem issues, it's portrayed very accurately, along with her frustration WITH HERSELF for being so spineless, and wanting to improve-- of course, self improvement is hard, and its not going to be magically solved in one chapter. If it was, it would be poor writing.

I do agree, the incest is gross as fuck, and I'm dropping it only for that. Otherwise, I would have been fine with this story (thus far), cheering on someone who has the same struggles that I do.

I understand her anxiety problems, but let’s be real. She got told she was ugly ONE TIME as a kid. By some random brat. And apart from her anxiety problems she is ABSOLUTELY unfit to be the ruler of a kingdom weather she has book smarts, is good at chess or whatever bullshit, she has no backbone and cannot successfully lead a country without being bossed around and overthrown. I’m absolutely positive that this will turn into a cliche where the boys fall in love with her and vote for her because she’s “kind” and she’ll marry the boy who called her ugly AGES ago and the rest of the harem will help her become a “better ruler” by basically doing her work for her.

Dex-chan lover
You people say that she is incompetent, weak and spineless.
You base that she is incompetent only on her spineless/timid character which comes from her anxiety/lack of self esteem and thus you guys say it's a bad manga and you drop it.
What can happen is that she may actually start seeing that other people have some bad traits to them and that she is actually not that inferior to the others, then the manga may turn into something of fighting your own anxiety qnd building self esteem.
She then may start to notice things that others do not, or cope with situations that only a true ruler can get out of.
But currently: yeah she needs to fix that trait of hers to be more ruler-like.

But if you dropped this series because of this then either you are not interested in stuff like this, or you expected a female version of kirito slicing through the edgy and cringy struggles with the power of friendship and bullshit! You suck! I can't congratulate you that choice now.

What I don't like is that it's true that her reason to shut in for most part of her life is barely worth any attention. It feels like author makes fun out of people with real anxiety and self esteem problems.
If somebody tells you "you're ugly" and you lock yourself for years because of this. It sounds so incredibly stupid, like if that's enough to make people lock themself, it looks like they all probably have stupid reason, right? They are all this stupid.
Except, that they do in fact most likely have a reason that will just make you uncomfortable and bad for thinking this even for a moment.

Tl;dr:
Pls dun bulli FL, she may get better ;-;
Author is stupid? Or just makes fun out of reason for people's anxiety and self esteem issues? Either way it is stupid.

I'll read for a couple more chapters.

PS: also, sometimes better somewhat timid ruler than immature brat that signes peace treaty, and after which decides to attack once again at the enemy for the heck of it...

Well, the author didn't made less of the reason she became a shut in. She said she already forgotten.. it wouldve been worse if she remembered it all her life. It wasn't really a downplay of an introverted MC with anxiety. It seemed that she really enjoyed her shut in life and she admits thats because she was coddled by her parents, grandfather and people around her. The 'ugly' may have made her to shut in but the comfort of introverted life might urged her to stay. She had variety of rare and foreign books which she loves. Its just she didnt learn to have the self esteem needed to be out in the social world nor be a ruler.

Thus, I really liked this premise. I won't say its insensitive. rather the one i dont like is Cyan. He is very rude. especially to the MC. I hope to see a good character development among all characters.

From what I’ve seen so far I hardly see her as a girl who became a recluse after being insulted about her face. She seems a bit too normal, without really any much fear? She even seems to be hardheaded??

I know it wouldn’t make for a good manga if she was scared all the dang time but I wish they at least make the character consistent to how they were introduced. Trauma isn’t just gonna let you walk out the doors feeling normal when it kept you in for multiple years. So what if she gained an eye opener from the current events and want to be braver, a want to change isn’t gonna just pave the way to suddenly being alright. I mean even after being reminded about the cause of her trauma plus knowing that she regularly meets him, she barely even flinches!

Trauma isn’t that easy. Anxiety isn’t just something you suddenly overcome. When you get into situations where you become a recluse and no one tries to change it, you get worse not better! After being insulted and seeing multiple people being visibly hostile, I would’ve thought that she’d have a panic attack, but of course she didn’t.

This is a cute story and all that, but honestly, they didn’t justify the recluse and trauma setting all that much and I wish they made her be friends with some people before the monarch selection to show that she already overcame her trauma if they’re not gonna write it in now.

If they’re gonna excuse it with her having a loving family that was enough to heal her, I don’t think that’s gonna help if her fear was other people. It just makes a safe space for her.

You people think she’s spineless, well I think she should be even more spineless! I believe that someone can break you with a sentence but if she really were a person who would break so easily, why isn’t it being shown? Why is she too normal?

On the other hand, people commenting here how she’s spineless, she’s brave af (though I wish it were portrayed better)! Bishes that think forcing yourself to go out after thinking everyone already hates you for existing is easy, have probably had a life without excessive anxiety. It’s extremely hard to fight back against your own mind and having a body that doesn’t cooperate and automatically feels fear doesn’t really help. Just because you can be normal and even be bold, doesn’t mean that someone who was more prone to anxiety could also be the same.

Her grandfather made her a candidate because just as he said in his last will, he believed in her strengths and saw it in her more than she could see it now. He probably made this format just to get her to interact with people and maybe even made it sort of like a small group exposure therapy just for her.

Tldr Author used a trauma and recluse setting but wrote the MC too normal in the actual story. Trauma isn’t that easy to heal and I wish it were portrayed as her being even more spineless. On the other hand, she is brave for trying to overcome her trauma and isn’t as spineless as other commenters have been saying. Facing trauma and anxiety is tough af. Her grandfather probably saw her potential and that’s why she’s a candidate.

@Chiiiinnnnggggg you can say I can relate just a bit but not as intense as her though, lol. thanks for reading btw haha.

I actually forgot about commenting about what @greyymarmalade said. Forgetting the guy and the memory isn't actually because she just forgot, its a defense mechanism called repression where you unconsciously forget stuff because your mind decided you can't handle it. The sad thing about repression is that you still unconsciously react to whatever you were traumatized with but you don't know exactly why.

Bonus fact: if you consciously try to forget things, its called suppression instead of repression.

So I can't believe this story went from a solid 8 to a 2 so fast not because of what people below were arguing about, the mc did nothing wrong, it's the author's fault
for making the male lead the worst sort of abusivepieceofgarbagetsundere didodunuffin that the audience should ship with the mc because him pining for her for years. Since he totally liked her the whole time, he deserves her love because it doesn't matter what she thinks she wants. Francesca is only here to get with the douche love interest they are clearly setting her up with by chapter 2. Who *grabs microphone* is the cause of her trauma.

Dex-chan lover
@UniYuki Tsunderes are not
people who possible have borderline personality disorder
they are just misunderstood

i don't hate where this is going? like, I'm here for the pretty boyos fighting over Fran, but I'm also here for Fran becoming more self-reliant and more self-assured like Ebony;; I hope she doesn't end up like those fragile FLs who get everything despite just being a human punching bag.

Ah fuck, what does Moran want now?
Either way, I wonder if they're gonna start sucking up to her once she becomes the Queen?

@UniYuki
Exactly, what he did and how he acts is just douchey (how to spell?) . I don't really want her to end up with any of them. I just want her to be a confident and strong Queen of her own right.

Like what @lemonadeandsalt said.

Users who are viewing this thread