Please Don't Call Me Queen!

Group Leader
Not exactly a spoiler, but I read the translated descriptions of the book blurbs on Goodreads (it seems to be a duology) and from the description of book two, it seems that
The others will vote her in as Queen
by the end of book 1. Glad it won’t be dragged out forever, and that that particular point will be properly figured out by halfway through the story.

Ugh the female lead is a ditz -.- shes annoying. Not so strong at all had to drop this I can’t stand her type. Thanks for sharing this manga team ❤️

The female character is clueless about the world in terms of human relations, gossip, human nature etc, however she is extremely well-read (being a shut-in she read tons of books). She might be a bit on the slower side, however she also has a strong determination. I'm looking forward to her character development. 👍✨

What bugs me the absolute most about this incident is a very simple fact they're all completely overlooking.
They're trying to pin the "attempted assassination of A" on "B" when A is the one who voted to support B. So there's literally no motive there in the first place. If the goal is to remove B as a candidate since he's the only one that has a vote so far, literally any other scheme would hold up better under scrutiny. So this whole arc of trying to prove B innocent is just a ridiculous gimmick to throw drama into the story. To use this against B, they should have taken literally any other candidate as the victim of the incident, and then they could have pinned the blame on B or even A who voted for be (and thereby nullify that vote) or just come up with any other better scheme to upset the voting. So to me, this whole arc is just a terribly contrived pile of drama, and the author is at fault for not thinking it out properly.
That aside, the story has been pretty good so far, but that right there is just too huge a plot-writing mistake to overlook.

Pain...
Too painful...

Do they all need to have some sort of personality quirk, being a tsundere and all?
1 tsun is already annoying in most cases, but author decides to put 3 tsuns and a hikikomori shounen protag equivalent fmc.
Not one of the 3 other candidates have a shred of natural kindness at the start. The prince dude was just really an honorable royal, he was just stating how to act out the pride of a noble, not really kind.
I like my reverse harems and shoujo mangas because the mc, being a woman, has entirely different thoughts and actions compared to a guy. If the sexes were reversed in this manga, it would just be a regular shounen harem.
Probably gonna have some asspull power of camaraderie friendship thing later on in the story.

3/10.

Author's other work was better than this.

Still gonna read it, since I'm cursed with OCD

I dont like that they are so close related. Really not needed. :/ urgh
also the FL is too weak to be a queen

I get that the series is called "Please Don't Call Me Queen! ", but I'm gonna be so frustrated if it does something like her being "realistic" and saying she shouldn't rule becasue she isn't strong enough for it or something. Literally all of the candidates are children, and the objective best choice is obstinate to it because of loyalty to his friend.

Whenever Stewart is involved he does the stereotypical bull-headed, zero self-awareness, personal space ignoring idiocy that is just annoying. I feel like the author might take the route of him being super steadfast and inspiring confidence from the other candidates, but it would just be annoying.

It's a shoujo reincarnation manga with obvious reverse-harem potential, but I'm rooting for her to become queen regent so fucking hard I'm probably gonna drop the manga the second it aims toward Stewart becoming King - If not the MC I think Cyan would be the most interesting candidate to rule, post his re-evaluation of his own position.

Literally text walled because whenever Stewart breathes I become irked, how is he supposed to be remotely charming I have no idea.

Would be also be cool if the knight guy became king.

rant over.

Dex-chan lover
kinda boring.
[ul]Her reasons for being a shut in are weak, somebody called her weird looking ONCE when she was 5 and she stayed out of society.[/ul]
[ul]They show her to be book smart but staring this off with her reading rare books and saying she speaks multiple languages but the story isn't making opportunity for her to be smart or interesting about it. [/ul]
[ul]and just typcial shoujo harem stuff that isn't written to be all that engaging [/ul]

Also TW Incest, for this is a royal family story but the main guy from the harem you know they are going to set her up with is her uncle
the same guy who called her weird looking as a kid but is proposing marriage to her, So I am going to go out on a limb here and say he did the "boys will be boys" thing where they think a girl is pretty but since they are a kid they just make the girl feel bad for existing
(the other two are her cousin, and cousin once removed)

Fed-Kun's army
More please damnit. What a nice update though. Thank you! Pretty interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread