Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Vol. 2 Ch. 36

Group Leader
@MrOGZ i sincerely apologize for this, i didn't know the basics and unwritten rules about scanlating. i don't have a discord, so i was not informed of the fact that it was actually being worked on, so that situation was out of my reach. i'll be careful next time i scanlate something, i just wanted to revive this, but it wasn't dead in the first place. thank you for taking your time to inform me about this.

@MrOGZ

1)I know how manga scanlation works, I've worked as a professional translator, as well as a typesetter so I know exactly how long these things takes. If you put in the work you can get even a large chapter done in one day, (i've seen it be done, and it is done every week on the bigger series such as My hero academia, one piece, etc).

Doing it on your own time isn't an excuse, people except you to have a consistent schedule, and will uphold you to that standard.(speaking from experience).

2) Chapter 37 was just posted so I highly doubt that is true, granted I could be wrong.

3) As i've said before, it is to the benefit of the community of multiple fight it out over series, even the less known one's such as this. Case and point chapter 37 being updated by yet another person proves that competing is what will make a series progress. If one group cannot handle it, another person will step in to pick up slack, the previous group can either put in the work to get chapters done first or move on to something that they're are more passionate about.

4) If you are unhappy with the quality of the scans I urge you to pick it up once more and make sure that it upholds your standards.

Group Leader
with that said , i still have chapter 37 in my backlog so i'll finish that and im looking for another manga to scanlate. thank you for the kind words, everyone m_m

Group Leader
@ihatethisfeature123 tbh the "unwritten rules" is just what he wants to believe. No one is expected to go out of their way to reach out to the old group to ask if their obviously dead-looking project is actually dead or not. So you do you, most people will support you :)

Dex-chan lover
@ihatethisfeature123
As @iltrof said, that is something only some people care about.
I've never cared for "sniping". SSSSS, a scanlator notorious for being a "sniper", is a hero who revives dead and neglected manga in my opinion.
Their hard work on the chapter isn't any more valuable than your hard work, them starting work on it first doesn't somehow invalidate what you did.
You delivered a good chapter, that's all that matters.

Feels like you're in 4th grade again seeing people gatekeep who can translate manga.
Even worse seeing them trying to push people to feel bad when they aren't doing anything wrong.

Thanks for the upload @ihatethisfeature123, and honestly don't worry about quality (it's good).
The only thing readers actually care about is text and grammar being readable, the rest is just a bonus.

Group Leader
You’re just a reader in the tip of the iceberg, as a Group Leader i’ve seen way more than you have and i can assure you most of the Small scanlation group leaders are corrupted people with no lifes at all, and all they do is complain about shits and gossip behind ur back.

Damn, I never knew that I was just a corrupted undead... 💀

Now wheres my necronomicon, a skull staff and a pile of turd to complain about and gossip behind someone back.

Dex-chan lover
Please try to put urself in the scanlators shoes before talking about scanlation.

They told me to walk a mile in their shoes, so I became a self righteous IP thief, an autobiography

Group Leader
@kampervan Well you shall join mangadex's discord server and get the Group Leader role to access the Group Leaders exclusive channel. Lemme tell u this oh boi, u gonna need to lower ur IQ wayy to much before joining the chat. Also a quick ps, if you want people there to be friendly towards you, do not be friendly towards them, just shout some cuss words, and be toxic to everybody. People will even fall inn love with you there.

Also @ihatethisfeature123 it's not that you did something terrible, i'm just saying that there's wayyyy too much to learn before getting in this stuff. A quick tip, open up a discord ASAP and get in as many group discords as possible. After that open up a Reddit, and join r/Manga community, and r/ScanlationDrama. That's all it takes to do stuff here

@yasashikakashi i think you can't compare this with SSSS that outright snipe the manga to the last chapter only that make the manga is finished, unless if the original group is decided to revive it with translate the rest i don't think it will be ever gonna be an enjoyable ride since you have know the last chapter/ending of the manga and not many ppl willing to read it too since they already know the ending too

Dex-chan lover
@ihatethisfeature123 You are doing superb work. Just ignore all the dumb shit people say and keep doing what you have been doing. It's not a "snipe" and you did nothing wrong. The only thing you need to learn before getting in this stuff is probably brushing up on your Japanese but it seems pretty good to me and I'm a failure who can't read shit without a dictionary despite 8 years of study under my belt so I'm in no position to say. Just keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread