Polite Mangadex Downloader - try it out

Group Leader
Is this still being updated? I've got a bug where by after downloading the individual images of a chapter, when it goes to zip them up, it crashes with a error. Downloading the individual files poses no problem.

HI, Is this program still functional? I can't even sign in. The a place to put my username and password but no actual login button.

Wait I got it...

Hi, i have a security question. Is my password safe with this software? also Can't login.

Group Leader
Does anyone have any idea how to configure the File Name in Save Options so that the chapter is saved with the Chapter Title too? I have "{%s}\{%s}{ v%02v}{ c%03c}{ %t}{ - %03p}{%e}" and all I get is "Journey to the West c001" when I should get Chapter Title too, which is the variable "{%t} = chapter title (if present)".

I tried downloading it but I get the message:
"The requested URL /pmd/PoliteMangadexDownloader 3.6.1 Setup.exe was not found on this server."

havinf issue with a manga I unfloowed by accident and tried to redownload but PMD doesn't seem to find it anymore. and its not in my known series page.

@sarusa hi i have a problem when i try to check for series a captcha pops and when i complete it the cloudfare page freezes and says (not working) is there any fix for this????

This stopped working for me. When I look for new updates, it pops up a Cloudflare request but keeps saying "Please Try Again" no matter how many times I successfully complete the Recaptcha.

Edit: I figured it out, open internet explorer, log in and do the recaptcha there. Then it'll accept the Recaptcha in the program.

Hi, I'm trying to download a couple of series. When I downloaded one as a zip and tried to extract it, all the files had the scanlation group after the .jpg/.png, screwing up the whole thing. When I remove the stuff after the .jpg/.png, the file turns into what it should be. Only problem is I don't want to do that for hundreds of pages.

Dex-chan lover
@darkmaster006

Follow the guide that's been given (unless it's removed in the latest version). Word of warning, wrong tags are a pain in the ass to fix, I have 3 series that have the wrong extensions and it's a nightmare to fix.

Doesn't work. Can't download what i want.
Do you know a similar program that works?

I just discovered this useful little program.

How do I download a Title that I have already started reading, as in, some have been read and some have not?

Thanks

Is anyone else having issues with the downloader right now? It was working fine yesterday, but today it only managed to download one chapter before throwing up a load of cloudflare re-authentication errors.

edit: NVM, it somehow fixed itself.

For anyone who has trouble with the filenames in the archives not having an extention:
Change the Filename under save options to this:
{%s}\{%s}{ v%02v}{ c%03c}{ %t}{ - %03p}{ [%g]}{%e}
(This puts the file extention {%e} at the end properly, wether it's .jpg or .png)
If you already got a bunch of archives downloaded with incorrect file names, you can either download them again (Using the method at the end) Or you can unzip the files, rename them using a batch rename program like "Advanced Renamer" (free) or total commander or similar and rezip them.

For anyone who wants to know how to download a chapter you've already read online, or if you need/have to redownload a chapter you downloaded earlier with "Polite Mangadex Downloader"
If you remove the viewed status from the chapter on the Mangadex.org page for the series itself. it will show up again in the program in the Download Queue if you do find new.

Hope this helps some people.

Users who are viewing this thread