Polite Mangadex Downloader - try it out

Im actually having a hard time understanding the starting up, when i start the program i cant log in into anything

Dex-chan lover
@GuildMaster You are not going to get it going. Look at the dates on other comments. It's been years ago since there has been an update. Since then Mangadex has morph'ed many times. Not to leave you high and dry. Google "Hakuneko" Hint, Hint, nudge, nudge. Ya, know what I mean.

Dex-chan lover
@doppler
ma dudes theres an update like couple of months ago its still working just fine
@GuildMaster
I remember I need to change the Reader into Legacy in the setting here first and restart the app and try to log in again or something like that

Dex-chan lover
@MawMaw If polite downloader requires legacy mode. It maybe all moot. If you have been following the main channel topics. Mangadex is in the middle of yet another interface change. Even the API interface changed. The reader is being re-written and is prob done already. It's been in the works a long time. Haku is a better choice. It's always being bug fixed and new sites added to the available list. Polite downloader is just limited to mangadex, if that's all you need by all means use it. Don't be surprised when it stops soon. Legacy mode reading has been talked down by the developers (hint to be discontinued).

I know this thread is a bit dead but was hoping someone could help me.

New to PDM and Mangadex in general and have finally set up my account and the program to begin downloading Dorohedoro, among others.

First issue I had was with PMD downloading all available languages. Then it would only download from vol.20+. Fixed both of those issues but now I can't open the .jpgs files that have downloaded. No display picture on the files either, just the generic microsoft .jpg file.

Anyway I've done some googling and haven't found a solution so I was hoping someone here could lend a hand.

@KazuyaKan

Yeah having that issue. More of an issue with some manga than others. Was able to download most of 'Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau' but a few of the pages were corrupted. All of Dorohedoro was fucked and I could only get the first and last volumes of Blame!, minus a few pages.

I've only recently started to use PMD so I wasn't sure if this was a new issue or a known thing. Also with 'Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau' I had to download some of the volumes a couple of times before they came out okay.

PMD just updated and everything seems to be working fine now for me.

The "Rename save folder when series name changes" option does not save and has to be toggled each time PMD is booted.

Thank you for this, it was a wonderful program and very comfortable to use. I know if recent but I need to ask to know if I need to search other tools to download. Any plans for an update to work with the current forced reader? Without any tech knowledge I imagine it will require to rework/redo the whole thing so I can understand a negative response.

Double-page supporter
@MawMaw The dude is already updating it to use the API: https://mangadex.org/thread/351011/10/#post_4456620

I like this program but it downloads ALL the manga i have faved.... how can i disable the download on mangas i don’t want to download?

I know this is still being worked on but I can't get it to download anything because I'm not viewing in Legacy mode? I can't find that option anywhere. Sorry if I'm missing something.

EDIT: Somehow when I launched it, it didn't notify me of the update. I launched it again and it prompted for the update. It's working for most of the stuff I have listed. A few don't work but there's other uploads of it. Awesome, thank you for the update and good work.

Users who are viewing this thread