Polite Mangadex Downloader - try it out

Banned
Anyone having problem with files names? For example it saved this as:

Hetakuso Love Step c001 - 001.jpg [No Pressure Scans]
Which obviously gives no pic until I modify them

Is there maybe an option to only download one chapter, and not all thé chapters if different teams translated it?

Edit: Don't mind. It list them all but only download one chapter

Anybody else having an issue with PMD just... completely ceasing to function? It opens just fine but it won't download anything and when I have it check for new chapters on anything, it wipes every single chapter under that series. I also can't add anything via URL.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and I'm completely up to date with PMD updates so I have no idea what to do.

Dex-chan lover
@yurigasaki I don't know for sure, but the program relies on MangaDex API which has been dead for the past several days, so that's probably the reason.
If this is the case, it's up to the MD developer(s) to eventually fix the problem.

Anything relying on the API is dead(tachiyomi and PMD).
Yeah I wasn't able to read new releases for about a month now.

Been awhile since i've used pmd. Starting from scratch due to some hardware changes so hopefully wont have any issues with new api change, but i just wanted to add a vote towards downloading series cover as a separate image in main series folder. I funnel everything to a komga server which ties into komga extension in tachyomi. https://github.com/gotson/komga

Right now komga uses first image in archive file as series thumbnail last i checked so my library in tach is hard to go through. Beyond that if possible, komga supports pulling series info from a comicrack file i think but iirc thats dead. Was wondering if itd possible to have an option to enable in pmd that generates a generic comricrack formatted xml file that has series description plugged in and gets placed into series folder as well so komga can fill that bit in automatically which would be awesome.

Hello, with the recent events, is it possible to use Polite Mangadex Downloader with 2FA enabled?

Group Leader
Is polite mangadex downloader still working? I login my mangadex with 2FA now and seems i cant download anything on program rn

Edit : disabled my 2FA and when i want to recheck, the system read it as 'UN-favorite'

When trying to download any chapter from the app it downloads the chapter but when it´s done it returns multiple times the same error message:
"Ignoring: Error 2 creating file handle for file path “(File directory and chapter names)": The system cannot find the specified file."

I have tried changing the naming scheme for each chapter and uninstalling/installing the program but it still doesn´t work. First time using it so it´s a bummer it doesn´t work. The one I last tried with is {%s}\{%03c} .Is it because I may be doing something wrong or is it another problem ?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread