Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Sounds bad.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sounds stupid!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fed-Kun's army
@PantsMan Unless there's some other aspect of my case that you disagree with but haven't mentioned yet, this comes down to a vote in favor of removing whatever rules we may have about staying on topic because they're unnecessary.

@TMW You've got an unrealistically cynical view of people if you're of the opinion that no consistent civility on serious topics is possible.

But a more pressing issue is: if you're of the opinion that all such discussions are inherently worthless at best and destructive at worst (at least in the context of Mangadex forums), are you arguing in favor of eliminating them from the site? If not, what's stopping you?

TMW

Ninjadork, thank you for demonstrating my point.

The proposal is for a new forum subsection specifically for off-topic (non-manga and non-site related) conversations. My post was specifically addressed to that proposal. At no point did I say that "all such discussions are inherently worthless at best and destructive at worst". There are lots of off-topic conversations going on in the forum right now, but they're scattered between sections and aren't having a toxic effect on the forum. But an entire subsection given over to those conversations? Would quickly degenerate into "Well if you don't agree with my position, then you obviously must agree with this extreme position that I just made up".

Edit: And I'm done here. I'm too old for another round of this same conversation.

at first, i'm thinking this is stupid idea but now i thinking again it can also make sense (but the name for that forum REALLY UGLY) me not an active user on normal forum, but this days i'm much more seeking on GENERAL sect because topic on there sometime really serious and interesting.. than usual.😎

but make sure Religion topic, out of here.. that really dangerous than serial killer topic! and useless.

Fed-Kun's army
@TMW
No matter how polite*, well-reasoned**, and constructive*** an internet conversation about religion might be...* snicker/** HA!/*** 🤣

Do you really think that right now, a conversation between a Mexican, a Canadian, and an American about federal politics would end in anything other than a screaming match?

Short answer? Yes, I do.

Long answer; You know what's funny? I wasn't even trying to be inflammatory. I genuinely had an issue understanding what the hell you were talking about and tried to extrapolate a concise statement from that.

You spent a lot of pointless effort being grandiose and flamboyant about how old and experienced you are, followed by slightly rambling explanations for why you think my initial suggestion is no good with two pounds of "noise" for every pound of good points. And interlaced through all of this is constant low key mockery of the idea that people can have civil disagreements.

So I do beg your pardon for trying to understand you when you're burying your sense in nonsense. Especially since it seems to take next to nothing at all for you to go full crotchety-granpa-with-a-shotgun-on-the-front-porch and storm off in a huff stroking your age (again). Little projection there, perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread