Potion wa 160 km/h de Nageru Mono! ~Item-gakari no Ore ga Bannou Kaifukuyaku wo Touteki suru Koto de Saikyou no Boukensha ni Nariagaru?!~ - Vol. 2 Ch…

Dex-chan lover
please say no or say "nah, I got an S rank exam today. we'll duel after I'm an S rank adventurer"

Supporter
Cuz I'm sure that if she did, they'd say she also participated
Yup, between seeking justice and risking being falsely accused of having taken part and staying silent to save her butt (and receiving the compensation payday) she chose the latter, even after finding out that he survived and could come out with the truth at any time. Heck, it wouldn't have been a false accusation. She DID leave him behind to die, just like the others. The only thing she didn't do was to (literally) add insult to injury, but she did nothing to help either.
And now being faced with the victim she doesn't instantly fall to the ground begging for forgiveness but has the nerve to ask him for help without a hint of an apology.

Damn, I've had to edit this post about a dozen times, because the more I think about it the worse it gets (and to edit out the word "even" that I used way too often to emphasize the egregiousness of everything).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
:haa:if it were me, i'd just sit this one out and let the yandere waifu clean these trash of the street.

It's beneficial for him? Use your brain for a second brother.

He is someone who got betrayed, backstabbed by this people and instead of being ashamed of it -well Tommy is because he is a bitch but the healer and tank aren't- they are here to argue and disturb them, downplaying how important he was in the party even though they need his pots more than anything in the world.

With all of this in mind, how the fuck is not worth it for him to beat them so he can regain confidence in himself? How can he be an S-Rank next to his partner when he has this shadow over his head? Use your brain for a second manga readers challenge IMPOSSIBLE. It's not bad writing, is lazy writing because it's an easy way to fix his trauma and allow the character to grow, but it's Not bad writing because the mc has all the reasons in the world to take it.
But he's got confidence in his skills when adventuring with the girl. He knows how powerful he is. You could see him in this chapter when he told them they're just weak and were used to ride on his support. So no, he knows what he is worth and also know that the Assault is basically a bunch of posers/tryhards. And I don't think he thought lowly of himself before, maybe of his occupation, but he had confidence in his potions might and the accuracy and abilty to deliver them where needed when needed. He just didn't know how powerful of a weapon were his throws, and when he discovered it he didn't sulk on his past but instanty moved in (unlike typical MC in these kind of stories).

And I think there is really high chance that he goes "No, bugger off" in next chapter because of that. The author already got rid of one cliche (dense MC that constantly thinks of himself as weak, ignoring reality in front of him), so maybe he'll get rid of another one?

Dex-chan lover
man so stupid! what does he in any way have to gain from a stupid bet.

Dex-chan lover
Time for nutshots.
Gotta add some extra spin in those throws to apply testicular torsion.
Nut shots with potion bottles going 160 km/h. Probably nothing will be left, not even healing magic will fix them.

Dex-chan lover
that doesn't even make sense that he'd duel with them for one they out number him lol
and there's no benefit
if he wins he gets bragging rights sure but that doesn't do much now does it?

Dex-chan lover
I know the trope os mind numbing but the only thing that makes it worth it, is how humiliating the curb stomp is. Granted I doubt the author will be imaginative enough, but a reader can dream.

Dex-chan lover
Soo… the partwhere they abandoned him to die… never existed and they still say such stuff… and MC will accept dueling with such bastards with nothing to win… cmon…

Dex-chan lover
I agree with those that say that the MC shouldn't accept the duel.
There is literally nothing to gain from it. He doesn't need their validation, he needs the examiner's. He doesn't suffer from low self-esteem, he resolved that already.

But I'd also like to underline their bravery, given that they don't know about the deadly potion-throwing skill he has.
They're basically challenging a support character in a 1 on 4 match, 2 on 4 if they include his "wife".
Absolutely heroic.

Users who are viewing this thread