Pseudo Harem - Vol. 6 Ch. 126 - Hourglass

Dex-chan lover
Big yikes dude. Why did the author decide to make the fluffy pseudo harem into this drama IRL shit? Literally can just make them go pseudo harem everyday and nobody would complain. Literally can make them immortal high school students and nobody, NOBODY, would complain. But instead let's fucking timeskip WHEEEEEEEEEEE and drama oh boy.

This shit shouldn't exist in this series.

Fed-Kun's army
People crying???? 🤔🧐

This was expected every since progression was added into the manga. I don't mind what is going down. Good chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Whatever choice you make, just make sure that it's your own. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, wouldn't the easiest solution be to get married? Can't have the Purity Patrol if she was already taken to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
Time skips are evil
I don't want real life issues in my manga
I wanna forget 😪

Supporter
Not an unexpected turn of events - it's not easy choosing between the 'now' you currently have and following that future, or choosing to follow your dreams and treading new unknown paths.

Some of you nerds might well be wanting it to remain as an endless merry-go-round of different personalities, and that's fine. But to be honest the author has taken the better route and made them as real as can be with actual life problems. We want to see people overcoming problems and challenges, and that makes the real difference between good manga and those cookie-cutter 4-korma ones.

@MonsieurQuack Finally, someone with a positive view on this. I'm no less enthusiastic about the drama like the others, but I'm with you in that the best (or my most favorite) romcoms usually have a bit of drama in the mix. You can't use the same formula constantly without it going stale, despite people claiming otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Man, so dramatic... Four pages a week feels like torture right now... Anyway, I assume the resolution will happen in 1-2 chapters.

@MonsieurQuack Well, it's always possible to come up with some dramatic plot device to throw into any random slice-of-life manga. That doesn't mean that characters in slice-of-life manga are inferior just because they don't have the "drama" genre tag too. A good writer creates good characters. There are plenty of characters in manga that have drama who are more shallow and boring than Pseudo Harem's characters. Still, I don't exactly object to the writer's decision to add drama here. I expect a fairly happy resolution soon anyway.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, but this turn of events felt a little TOO sudden. I don't mind some drama so long as it's established properly, and not just "oh she went on an interview for some job for future prospects", and shift the story so hard.
Plus, it feels like they're purposely ignoring the other "long distance" angle, or visiting from time to time.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@Ingway

It could be the weird cultural understanding of entertainment 'purity' in Japan, we see it with idols and I wouldn't doubt that it would happen with young up and coming acctresses, where if they were to date it would be frowned upon in public or done so in secret where it could result in a scandal. Of course this is also by rationalization for why there's a tone shift.

Dex-chan lover
the reason of her doubt was stated in the previous chapters.
It's not that they will exactly end their relationship, but she wanted to go to same school as him

Dex-chan lover
Why does she have to give up one? Dramatic af for no reason.

@Xoldin Pretty sure idols or actors or whatever can't date and that's why if she does go on to be pro, she has to break up with him.

Double-page supporter
must be ending soon, seriously why does even have to give up on one this is stupid

Supporter
@cjyniz Thank you!

@MangaMonger You're quite right, there are some very good SoL characters, perhaps I was being a little too sweeping in my statement. And yes, I don't think this will be going for too much longer personally I suspect that
she'll turn the job offer down so that she can have a proper graduation and college life, be with be with her love for a few years and then look at going professional.

Users who are viewing this thread