Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 9 Ch. 18 - Beautiful Painting

is being n House of Lord that sucks? need to pay castle, butler, etc.

I always thought becoming a official or functionary means a leisure.

The author threw so many hints of him being the culprit, I thought someone else did it. Or at least that more than one person was involved.

@flamewingman Generally no, but not all peers have an estate tied to the title and not all estates tied to titles are part of the peerage.

One problem is that not all peers with an estate have sustainably profitable estate and some can't offset the cost with their own income. Since this guy apparently doesn't work that'd be my guess here.

Dex-chan lover
The mangaka's naming sense, as always, is... fantastical. These names, in particular, seem like something out of Cluedo. 😄

Oh, btw, on page 31, the maids are said to be hastily readying the "customer room". I assume the original said 客室, which should have been translated as "guest room". 客 can mean both "guest" or "customer".

Also, "horse litter" → "horse manure", and "Lady Rose" would definitely not be addressed as "Master Rose".

Dex-chan lover
the picture of the anonymous buyer at the auction doesn't have a mustache. 0.0

Aggregator gang
Poor little lord Vermilion. Nobody understands his pain.

Dex-chan lover
@freakofnature Yes! I got through the first few pages and couldn't stop cracking up at all the names. It was like he looked at a box of crayons and chose names from that.

Double-page supporter
The culprit was a little bit obvious in this case, though it's not like I knew all of the methods used before they were revealed. It's just that the butler had by far the best chance to pull a trick at the time that he was parking the car.

Fed-Kun's army
The lord should have used those lord lands to start a marijuana farm, I heard Matthew McConaughey is the best man in this line of business.

Fed-Kun's army
Bone Ivory
Ink Black
Cloud Grey
Grass Green
Fox Vermillion
Wood Brown
Plum Purple
Milk White
RAKE Blue?
His parents must be a weeb.

Double-page supporter
Simple yet elaborate. I like the resolution of this case, though the overall explanation is a bit dry because of the timeskips.

Aggregator gang
This entire chapter is lampshading the whole "The Butler did it" joke, isn't it? The names are so bizarrely childish, straight out of a kids' book. The writer usually manages to make more sensible-sounding names...

The 1st 3 pages already trip me off with the names... *yawn*
I expected better of the mangaka...

but i guess it works if the intended readers are Japanese people, coz the names would be in trippy katakana

Users who are viewing this thread