Radiant - Vol. 18 Ch. 138 - To Be Afraid

Dex-chan lover
The author just dropped the hardest lore bomb in this chapter, it expands and "rewrites" a lot of what we know about Fantasia and magic.

And it shows how dangerous the Mesnie is, if they are old and powerful like that they could very well be the origin of many of the problems that plague the world, but... it feels like besides the Council of 13 most don't know them, which shows an understanding of the power of subtlety from them, which is a scary capacity to such an enemy to have.

Fed-Kun's army
The lore drop on the Mesnie does give some context to Torque's historical rationalization for his hard line stance on sorcerers. If pre-nemesis magic users had their mentality at a time when fantasia was more plentiful, then it makes sense that the common people would rally behind the progenitor of the Inquisition.

Of course, in the context of the present day, Torque is still riding that authoritarian mindset where he'll never have enough power or control, because there will always be "the enemy".

Double-page supporter
The more I see Hameline, the more I wish she survived. I'm glad that she passed the torch with Lupa, though - I'm pretty sure her training is what's going to get Melie to a better place.

Dex-chan lover
Oh Hameline... it never stops hurting.

We had so little of her in life... but she left so much still.

Users who are viewing this thread