Radiant

Ankama do some pretty great stories.

If you didn't see it yet, the anime wakfu is very great (ok, not all episodes from s1, it's a little like avatar the last airbender, they didnt know the audience at start), and the friggin' movies Dofus are awesomely good. the paper stories are pretty good too most of the times but some of them have a strange drawing style I can't help but be... Well... think it's strange ? But Try them, it's good stuff.

Aggregator gang
This is actually so good, that im upgrading the rating again, since i do see this series being near one piece in levels of quality.

OMFG..! This is just TOO GOOD! :eek:
After reading so many fantasy genre manga, with most of them sadly being shitty, I'm glad I could find yet another one that is truly GREAT..! :eek:
I just wish It wasn't so rare to find good ones like this.. LOL! :x

Following a MP, was searching an english subtitle for an sample of wakfu anime from the Ankama editor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778
for people who don't know it. Actually on netflix, but S1 has some childish/bad episodes (remind me a little of avatar ; they didn't know where to focus the audience), but has OMFG one of the top 5 the best baddass vilain ever § S2 is good too, S3 is epic but darker.

So i just did some research and i found out the original manga is updated every 6 months/volume, so we might see volume 12 in like august or september

@Zealsenpai Actually the author said he wanted to release 3 volumes a year, so the vol. 12 is expected to be out by the beginning of July

@Lyendith Honestly I don't think it will, Tony Valente is a very capable author, and seeing that he finished drawing vol. 12 even before the publishing of vol. 11, I think it's safe to say he still got time to think and plan everything properly (Also he as an assistant since recently, so that also speed up things)

Rol

Group Leader
I'll comment it here as well to be sure people can see it, Radiant is released per volumes every few months and we have caught up with the released volumes for now, so no new chapters until (from what I've read) July, when volume 12 releases.

I don’t when this was made or by who and I’m not going outright accuse anybody of plagiarism but I have noticed the following similarity’s from one piece and I’m only in chapter 19:
pirates = Sorcerers
marines = Inquisitors
Water = air (as where the boats travel on)
Devil fruits = infection + Fantasia
Water prism stone = sliver (light and dark)
The mc has a mystious brother (vague I know)

If you gave me time I could probably poke holes in every story like this but this is so obvious that I’m worried I missed something.
* I did avoid include cliches like mc growing faster over time or that the mc is somehow a part of some larger conspicuous due to his family, or that the world government inquisitors are some how corrupt and racism and discrimate againist the lesser man.

@Mpwilson123 You're right, Radiant start off very generic and quite similar to a lot of classic shonen manga, but I'd advice you keep reading, because it get really good, especially with the way the author handle the characters and their relationships, also the world get more complex with time.

Also I think you're forcing the similarities with One Piece:

pirates = Sorcerers : Except in OP the characters choose to become Pirates, they are not forced by an infection
Devil fruits = infection + Fantasia : Again, but choose to eat a Devil Fruit
the others points can also be somewhat dismissed, but it would spoil a lot of the story

marines = Inquisitors : I guess this one is right, but then again it's just your generic bad guys organisation full of weirdos (at least as of chapter 19)

Power Uploader
Pirates are people who form crews and travel the world for fun. Infected are runaways looking for a safe haven and aren't always in groups.

And infections aren't superpowers, they're useless at best and a handicap at worst, with only a few useful ones. And the magic you can use doesn't depend on your infection. So nothing to do with the devil fruits.

You're really stretching there.

@Mpwilson123 You understand that's how a fantasy story works, right? You think you're opening your eyes to some similarities between a story but go and keep following your train of thought real quick.
Pirate Sorcerers = Good guys
Marine Inquisitors = Bad guys
Water air = Literally the world.
Devil fruit infections = super powers
water prism stone silver = Counter to super power plot device
Mc has a mysterious brother = Mysterious past plot device

It's not the first time this story was told, it's not going to be the last time you see it either. Don't get caught up in avoiding cliches if you're going to intentionally the joy of a story out of it for yourself. Worry more about the world building, the character's personalities, how the super power system works, the character development, and plot if you really want to poke holes.

i dont think there is bad ppl in radiat they just have differents point of views and differents resons

Users who are viewing this thread