Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 5 Ch. 20.3

I see some people confused about Yoshino's motives dealing with any of this, especially Kirishima.
You all have to remember that she was raised in and around this world of yakuza. She's basically a yakuza princess or something right? She has not dealt with the gory bits directly but she's not completely clueless to her position and her place in it all. She's also not stupid. It's not like she has much of a choice but to "go with the flow". Her options are deal with her engagement/bodyguard-ship/stalker-ship to Kirishima or some kind of violence between the families that will surely fall back on her old man in the midst of different yakuza regions fighting. She too, feels she has a duty obviously.
Remember the extra chapter page where it says how she reacts when a man tells her to be quiet and she just shuts down? Think about it for a second who Yoshino is.
Edit: She doesn't care about his cheating because they're not in a real relationship at this point. Come on guys, she said this straight up in the manga. I'm pretty sure he's not considering it a real relationship either. Yeah, he weirdly declares his love but do you guys think he actually...loves her right now?
I also am halfway rooting for her childhood friend but he ain't on the cover art lmao. Whatever budding romance is intended for Y×K is going to happen(obviously) so we might as well just try to enjoy Kirishima basically learning how to be a decent human being (probably).
If not I will eat my foot and have mad respect for the author to have YxK just be a friendship instead of romance...but...I doubt it will be like that.

lmao, dude took the yo mama joke too far. still hating him, for now. But hey, if Yoshino is fine with Kirishima, who am I to butt in?

@Cruzniq I agree with you 💯💯. And I commend you for remembering those extra chapters (though I didn't like how Yoshino just shuts down when she's told to be quiet, I also know that that's what the author wants to depict in the manga). I'm still really hoping to have their 'moment' in the future, I know that Kirishima had done a lot of irrevocable sins in the past but I would like for him to redeem himself in the succeeding chapters. And I would definitely love to see Shouma to be proactive rather than passive. I would definitely wait for the time all will eventually be exposed.

The first few chapters I tried making sense of the events with my logic but gave up because all of this is set in world I am not at all familiar with. None of their behaviours are normal and I am so not going to try and understand them. I am just going to enjoy the art and the story on its own.

Dex-chan lover
Lol kimirishima knew he fucked up the moment ozu told them he is getting back with nao, that dots im his speech bubble and bullet sweat is epic af.

Users who are viewing this thread