Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - Your Lover, Your Weapon, Your Substitute [3]

Dex-chan lover
Strangely... I don't think that Kirishima is a natural psychopath, to me it felt more that he is neurodivergent.

How he is now, he is a total psycho freak, but this flashback shows me that he just is wired differently from others, and after some not-ideal stimuli (at least for most people... I saw that face on the last page, the little freak XD) his tendencies started to form quickly.

He clearly had good perception and quick information retention, so he learned things quickly, but his social abilities are... not stunted, more like... different.

I presume that after this first beating from Kodaka, things escalated, he being the little masochist he is, he must have let things go, but at some point... something happened, and surprisingly enough... I will bet it wasn't because he got tired of beatings, and more than Kodaka or someone close to him must have done something to someone else, and Kirishima may be socially different, but he does seem to value others well beings more than his, so whatever happened made him beat the crap out of the punks and after that... well, we kinda know the path that lead to his current self and situation.

What I mostly got from the first chapter of flashback is... if things had gone differently, I think Kirishima would have been a much different person now, a little strange at the edges but I think that with the right guidance, he would have been a much better person.

Dex-chan lover
okay, kirishima definetely seems to have a psychological aspect aside from just being "masochist tm" ... at least I think so from how hard is for him to make friends naturally and following really fucking closely to a T to how a ~Model Student~ should act
Except that, sometimes it slips by him and he chooses the most direct solution (if you can call it that) like, toring the playing cards.
This chapter was, unexpectedly at least for me, pretty interesting to see: more facets to kirishima's personality. Even without yoshino for one chapter I can manage haha

Tldr: psycho kid and that smile at the end was hecka cute what the hell kirishima

Dex-chan lover
if i had to obnoxiously read into it (other than accept that he’s simply a masochist at face value), Kirishima sensed by how his parents asked him about “friends at school” that his lack of connection to others is a problem. i feel like because he can’t be interested in others maybe getting beaten up and them leaving a bodily mark on him is satisfying? like a twisted connection that’s imparted viscerally and physically because he can’t willingly connect to others unless out of obligation or to make peace. his life seems suffocating.

he reminds me of Yoo Jung from Cheese in the Trap but like to the nines. he really just needed to meet a fellow weirdo like Yoshino earlier lmao

Aggregator gang
Backstoryyyyyyyyyy yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh 🎉🎉🎉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😫😫😫

Thank you SO MUCH, Juice Box Scans!!! What a great translation, ugh, I feel like you got Kirishima’s mannerisms and cadence down perfectly THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH, I would give you my firstborn if you asked asdfghjkl

Kirishima! What a little masochist haha. It’s interesting to see how he’s both the same and different—certainly I agree he might have taken a different path under different circumstances, but knowing him, I get the sense he would’ve chosen whatever route would lead to Yoshino ^^ Really do wonder how she would’ve taken him at that age 👀👀 shout out to that one extra we’re they’re at this age and she’s taller than him 💜

Also lmao that stone-cold yet cheerful burn: ‘I don’t remember’ lololol Kirishima being a little shit since the year of our lord 20XX 😂

Thaaaaaanks once again, Juice Box folks!! <3

Fed-Kun's army
There's something really wrong with this guy
When Sumire is talking about him to Yoshino in like chapter…. I forget but there’s this panel of her in kimono holding a baby (Kirishima?) and looking down at him like ‘WHAT IS THIS?’ and I kinda have to wonder if maybe she knew he was off from the jump?

Orrrrr maybe she was just entranced because a baby with yellow eyes is like whaaaaaat? 😛

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Awww that little smile in the end looks so sweet before you saw the black and blue HAHA and i love his strategy to solve problem. Just go straight to the cause and eliminate it. His mbti is a T for sure

Aggregator gang
I like that he's just weird from the jump without any outright trauma or ab*se. And his little smile at the end! He must have misunderstood his dad's advice?

Fed-Kun's army
Dude's weird from the get go could've been besties with yoshino if they met when they were kids. Low key wanted a special chapter or something.

Kirishima is such a fascinating characters and a unique love interest. Excited to learn more about his past - I think this is just the tip of the iceberg

Users who are viewing this thread