Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 8 Ch. 34 - Your Lover, Your Weapon, Your Substitute [4]

Dex-chan lover
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was... SO WRONG... about him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

The boy IS a natural psycho, a very functional one sure, but still a TOTAL psycho.

Does anyone here remember or know Kimbley from FMA? Well, he is like him, a psychopath who understands how to navigate society and its norms, I do think Kirishima has some level of "empathy", but it is buried deep.

Yoshino's non-standard character and will picked his interest first and her personality must have bored into his "empathy" after some time, that is why he does "love" her now.

But you know... I did find it funny how easily he beat those bullies.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Turnabout is fair play. Loved that he was counting the days.

I'm guessing he wanted to escalate, and they are letting him down. It isn't exactly for revenge.
Yeah Otogawa was telling him last chapter that Kodaka and his friends were kinda violent and you can kind of see him hearing that and thinking about the judo tournament and something was cooking there.

:meguuusad: oh no poor puppies :aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:

They were not at all ready 😳

Aggregator gang
He looks like he’s having so much fun, those poor bullies are in waaaaaay over their heads lol

Thanks for the great translation as always, Juice Box Scans! <3

Dex-chan lover
kirishima’s the froot loopiest of this whole manga confirmed

Dex-chan lover
He's a kid... and he's into autoasphyxiation already, like what 💀
He looks more fucked up as a kid than what we see in the main timeline. But maybe it's just the contrast of him being so young
Very likely. Remember he's like 11 in this flashback and 17/18 in the present day. Konishi was probably trying to make him look noticeably younger without deviating too much from his current design-- same floppy hair and pale eyes but his eyes are bigger and set in a smaller face, stuff like that.

In the last chapter one of the parents in the stands at the karate tourney noted he was small for his age, and Konishi has alluded to him having a growth spurt in character sketches-- in the present day he's definitley taller than his classmates and presents more like an adult, so that clearly became canon.

He really does look like an evil little gremlin in this chapter though. :devilish:

Users who are viewing this thread