Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 8 Ch. 35.2 - You Are Life [2]

Dex-chan lover
.......... Okay... I underestimated this boy.

Kirishima is crazy, but he isn't a psychopath, he is a trained "sociopath" with some natural proclivities, so to speak, but even then... he clearly wants human connection, he is more "autistic" than anything else.

Seeing things on his side... he clearly loves her, not an infatuation or simple obsession, he LOVES her.

He is still dangerous, but if there is one woman in the world that can deal with this crazy MF, is Yoshino.

Now... will she stay with him... I really don't know, I certainly wouldn't blame her if she just escaped from this basket case, but I think that maybe... they could work, but boy oh boy... will that be a ride.

But our girl Yoshino really isn't who she is because of her family, on the contrary... her grandfather tried his best to reel her in :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it's funny how yoshino's granpa expect an absolute and everlasting love from kirishima while both of them are absolute fuckboyz with women and had dozens of mistresses and lovers

the 'if she dies, you die'' pretty much implies it, and that's what '' he meant'', the thing kirishima realised in a car when he wasn't sure yoshino was alive and checked her pulse, it wasn't a threat, is was a warning that he wont be able to live without her if he accept the deal.

Dex-chan lover
rereading the first volume with this conversation with Renji in mind really makes it interesting

First, his high expectations for Yoshino to wreck him when they first met, why he told her to sell her body or go back to Osaka after a month of getting bored with her, and his total 180 when she showed her backbone by selling her kidney

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He raised the bar so high for psychotic lover
I think it helps that he isn't violent with her.

Sure, he is a little freak who has no sense of restraint when violence becomes a choice, but... I think that if you get on Kirishima's bad side you kinda were deserving it.

Even in his job as "not-yakuza", I don't think he dealt with anyone "innocent".

So, when you look at it like that you start to see that, he isn't one of the unhinged psychos that are always searching for an excuse to hurt someone, it gets easier to like him... but he still needs a tight collar to reel him... which he would like.

Last edited:
Contributor
Really like this chapter for the outsider perspective on Yoshino. Being the character whose eyes we see through the most, it's easier for me to discount her unhinged moments as outliers or spur of the moment things; but it's established here that she really is unhinged as these moments show her to be.

Users who are viewing this thread