Re:Monster

Double-page supporter
@Tamed Oh thank god, I was worried there for a second, the natural order has been restored!

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Honestly this is just depressing. At first it was great as him and his team was progressing but the bullshit convenience is just starting to pile up that "luck" is starting to sound more like "divine intervention" from the god - the author. I would've liked to have a few chapters of the other people or know more about the world outside of exposition dumps coming from princess pokedex.

Double-page supporter
@Tamed The Diary format and "System" have always held this back, the world and characters had so much to offer, It's like I'm reading the script of a movie when I should be watching the finished product instead.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous I'm guessing a side story is too much to ask as the exciting novelty of the OP MC getting more OP through exposition and minimal display of conflict takes more priority. This is starting to sway in the direction of that shitty magic manga where the magic system is "anything goes MMORPG" magic system. Forgot the name of that thing but the offense still burns brightly in my memory.

Double-page supporter
@Tamed Word Master is one, he uses a sword sometimes though, but then again most of them do, there was a lot of shitty magic systems carpet bombed with DEM, I don't understand why DEM is even necessary when the author has already given their character magic.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Welp all we can do now is hope this don't turn into those. I'd wager a five percent chance that it wouldn't but then looking back, that's not a confident wager.

Double-page supporter
@Tamed Manga(Life) has taught us to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

Man i like the premise of this manga/LN, but its got some fundamental problems, the first being that the author cant write for shit. There's ridiculous amounts of exposition and the world isn't made organically, but designed around the protagonist and what suits the plot, if there is one. This is the sort of work where you have to turn off any literary critical thinking if you want to enjoy it, even for a isekai manga.

Why do people hate on this manga? I think it's pretty good and certainly better then most isekai with "pussy ass Mc's" who are way worse then this Mc.

Okay so I ran out of Isekai Manga with a good Cover and tried to look for more and somehow found this and put it to my PTR Section. Cause The cover makes me hold a little bit. And the first few sentences of the summary but also hooked me at the same time. About cover i usually start a series with a very friendly-like cover or some looking bad ass with very interesting story ( was referring to Goblin slayer) what am i even talking about xd. So far so very good xd the timeline is kinda okay cause they start from Surviving-leading his small group. And the much more interesting is the evolution of the females into beauties and the Arrival of 5 female humans. The story keep getting good. Until they went from a journey. Though starting from Helping the cliché Squad in isekai. Starts to getting good and the best part is him getting children and those moments with them.

Fed-Kun's army
Yup. Think I'm done with this one. The story telling ain't great and the rape somehow leads to true love bs is a plot point almost as old as it is unpleasant. Add in the constant badly drawn monster battles and it feels less like a fantasy indulgence and more like a game whose main mechanic is level grinding.

Dex-chan lover
Previously , I have posted my reviews of re:monster on kissmanga 's comment section , but kissmanga is a fuking pirate site , and its mods are fuking stupid idiots , 1 of the mod falls in love with rou and re:monster , so it deleted most of my honest reviews , so now Im moving to this great site mangadex .

A word of warning for new readers : the MC of retard:monster is an unlikable , ugly , inhuman animal , and it does a lot of horrible , unforgivable things . And this manga has some of the most bullsh!t logics that I have ever seen .

I think there is a prequel to this manga , it is a anime called "School Days" , lol . Just watch the last episode of School Days and the 1st chapter of retard:monster and you will understand . Both MCs are unlikable d!cks and they get what they deserve .

Better stories about goblins : "Goblin Slayer" , "Goblin Is Very Strong" and "Dungeon Nursery" .

And retard:monster is an obvious plagiarism of the novel/manga So Im a spider , so what ? / Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka ?

Well, I do agree that the work is not good. My main issue is not the "unlikableness" of the MC (he is hard to like, but there are reasons for that, to a certain extent). The author trivialises too many things: the relationships between characters don't build at all (I don't mean the females with the MC, they don't build their relationship either, but that's another issue), there is no reported source of food to mantain over 100 people + pets for the longest time, etc.
The flow of time feels way too inconsistent.
From the first time we have news of a war in brewing to it ending just a month passes.
Everything just feels bad. Also the fact that the MC is unfairly OP (yeah, yeah, we have seen this many times. Saitama is not a bad MC, Rimuru is not a bad MC, Ogarou is. The reason would be that in the other works the issues cannot be always solved just by geing OP. Ogarou doesn't have to think to solve any problem at all. Even when he is using tactics they are completely pointless: he could charge alone 1 v 1000 and the result would be the same).
I would probably not recommend this to anyone. Still, it has it's niche in it's brutality and it's mostly humane and "dark" (forced, tho) MC.

Dex-chan lover
Ha ha ha , lolololol , Goblin Slayer 's anime adaption is already airing , and this retard : monster will never get an anime adaption , or even a drama cd . Guess why ? Because retard : monster is garbage , trash , rubbish , scum .

Dex-chan lover
Anyone who's not reading this thing for its simplicity and power-fantasies, shouldn't be here to begin with.
It's a dumbo quick-paced story, about people who literally evolve as they take a walk, and it's interesting to see their new forms as they advance through the world. That's about all the thought you need to put into this thing. Anyone who's here bitching should seriously reconsider their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread