re-uploads for old chapters not putting a series on latest updates

re-uploads for old chapters not putting a series on latest updates, just a small request, it isn't honestly a big deal, but a little sad feeling creeps in when you think a new chapter is out and it isn't.... *cough solo leveler constantly teasing me cough*

something like, if new upload is marked as last released chapter than new update else ignore

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Ilyrad There are several groups that redo series with regular releases from a different group but they release slowly in higher quality. This feature would completely shut out those groups' releases from being viewed by people following the series.

But I guess this feature could apply to only specific series, but it would still be unfair to groups redoing releases from groups that have chosen to not release on MD. As far as we're concerned, what's on MD is the only thing we care about

I definitely don't want "if a new chapter is uploaded, but it isn't the latest chapter, then don't show it on latest updates". For one thing, that would make chapter gaps even more annoying since I wouldn't see when they get filled. I also sometimes get "extra" chapters uploaded as X.5 significantly after chapter X was originally uploaded, and I usually want to see those.

Those particular issues could be resolved by changing to "if a new chapter is uploaded but it has the same chapter number as one that was uploaded before", but then that would make the situations where a group "snipes" with lower quality scans/translations than the main group worse. In those situations I usually just wait for the main group to catch up, and thus I want to see those uploads.

You could keep trying to narrow a definition further, but I think that making little compromises to reduce those kinds of false positives would necessarily also increase the cases where you wanted the feature to work but it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread