Reader settings keep being forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started happening a few days ago, have to set everything (page rendering, layout etc...) again each time coming back to the site.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. If it was the cookie login would be forgotten too, but it's literally just the reader settings and nothing else.

Group Leader
Read Grope @bigtiddyoneesan's tits post.

Check your installed application that can possibly interfere with your browser data (e.g. junk cleaning app, etc.).

Could this console warning be the problem?
Code:
Cookie “mangadex_session” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite

Contributor
Actually, I have had that issue occur a few times as well past couple of days. I would read a chapter and it would not be marked as read when I would go to my follows page or the manga's homepage. Definitely now messing around with my cookie setting or whatnot. Thought maybe there was possible desyncing going on, but can't be certain since they did put in that nice new monster server.

This bug is really annoying now, I'm tired of resetting everything all the time. Please have a look at what might be causing this.

Contributor
How about providing some additional details, as it appears the issue only impacts a small amount of users. A lack of information makes reproducing/troubleshooting/fixing the problem you are having difficult for devs.

Platform/Device:
OS and Version:
Browser and version:
Browser extensions/add-ons:
Have you tried clearing cache/cookies/storage?:
Are you using private/incognito mode?:
Does your browser clear/cleanup data when closed?:
Does this happen when using another browser and/or with a clean browser profile?:

And just for reference MD does store reader settings in 'local storage'
48d4aaeea3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread