Real no Heroine wa Irimasen! - Vol. 6 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
One week suspension? What the fuck?

Also, she's dumb, but Ako is fucking evil to the core.

Contributor
ONE WEEK FOR A SEXUAL ASSAULT ??!

...I don't have word.
She should just be banned of the school right away.

Dex-chan lover
a girl lies about a guy seeing her changing cloths - he gets put to death sentence
a girl sexually assault a guy with testimony of several eye witnesses - 1 week suspension

yeaaaaaaaaah... gender equality to its best...

Dex-chan lover
only one week... well that seems about right considering how nonchalant they are about rape, everytime it almost happens in manga everyone's like: ''Welp they didn't get to do it so a light punishment and a heartly reprimend should be enough!''

Group Leader
I can't tell if this is realistic in that women don't get nearly as punished as men for sexual assault, or if it's unrealistic. 🤔
I know Japan has this particular notion that men that don't take women up on their sexual advances are basically obligated to apologize or just seen as "unmanly"; to be fair something the West does too but not nearly to the extent of the East.

Group Leader
@jak
I'm actually shocked there was any punishment at all.
Female-on-Male sexual assault, rape and statutory rape aren't that rare apparently, but a joke in the sentencing, and with a ton of social stigmas for the victims, so raped men usually don't report it...

I mean, 4 or 5 years ago, there was the story of a guy in Arizona that was raped when he was a minor, and like 10 years later, he was sentenced to pay a ton of child support for the kid his rapist got from the rapes, and he didn't know the kid existed...
The double standard is real, but nobody gives a shit anyway.

EDIT: Found the article, if anyone is interested... {Business Insider Article}

Wait what. ONE WEEK FOR ATTEMPTED RAPE?! Bullshit

But atleast there was punishment compared to almost every other manga that would have done this and just make them talk it out of laugh it off. But still, then go all out with it, make her support him from a distance, actually show she cares about him by creating a buffer between them while she gets her shit together and becomes a better person. Have them bump into each other at a mall some time later and have a conversation about everything that happend inbetween or something, ya'know: grab coffee and talk like the cliche but with a deeper meaning and context to their situation. Make it interesting!

I hope some of this happens later but that doesn't seem to be that case as we will most likely just jump ahead a week.

Dex-chan lover
“Everything resolved”

You sure about that chief

Dex-chan lover
I can't hate her
She just got manipulated by an actual evil bitch.
She is just clueless/Dumb, not evil herself. She seems pitiful to me actually, her situation makes me sad.

Is this the first time ever in manga, that a woman got punished for an attempted sexual assault towards a male character and people were actually angry with her and it isn't just played off as some joke?

Dex-chan lover
As others said, I'm surprised she actually got a punishment instead of simply be forgiven by Aramiya without any consequence.

Users who are viewing this thread