Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Wait....
....so as an oppressed slave kid, you run away to an enemy territory, traditionally known to be hostile to your species, and ask them to kill your prison/home.

.... There is a giant logical hole somewhere there

@LazyDays Ah, the stench of desperation. The enemy of my enemy may be my friend, even if they are my enemy too.

Dex-chan lover
Meh

Good time waster, not really quality or interesting so far

Someone already pointed out a leap in logic

Dex-chan lover
So Gods are the one behind demon king attack..?
Such a realism story...

Aggregator gang
What the duck? This is a new low for Japan, I knew that they were arses towards Korea but to copy Dungeon Defense? This is blasphemy!

This is a rip off of Dungeon Defense. or maybe they sold the rights and it got destroyed....
Idk what the happen but it's sad.

Dungeon defense is one of the best asian novels (fantasy new gen) if you like twisted characters and psychological developments....

Fed-Kun's army
Instead of destroying the hero equipment stashed away in your castle why not use it yourself against rival demon lords?

Dex-chan lover
Gods.. ah yes, in almost every Isekai whether wanted or not are the beings that permit the summoning and also the beings that created the demon lords in the first place.

> also, the use of the world realism to make it kinda edgy.
you'd want to take a shot every time you hear that world from hereafter.

Aggregator gang
man, people here are brutal lol. i don't think this is terrible so far but is realism the right word? seems more like practical or something, right?

@huttingham

Actually, the term really is realism. The problem is that it's not well-explained here what realism means -- honestly, it'd only really make sense at face value to people who study political science and international relations.

Given the premise of the story, the villain/anti-hero/protagonist's use of the term realism refers to IR Realism, a school of thought in international relations that calls for the supremacy of the state's interests over any alliances or the security and integrity of other states. It posits that states exist in a state of perpetual, global anarchy in which every state is naturally inclined to compete with each other for resources and power as a means of preserving its own existence. To that end, realists argue, it is not only morally acceptable but morally necessary to do whatever it takes to ensure the nation's survival, even if it means breaking alliances and international law, allying with horrible people, bullying weaker nations, etc.

Thus, when the protagonist says that it's about trickery, subterfuge, etc., that's what he means -- that realism calls for maximizing the power of your state at the expense of others by any means necessary, no matter how morally questionable it might seem, because the ultimate goal of national self-preservation trumps all other considerations.

To be fair, though, I honestly haven't seen many (if any) manga that have made Realism particularly clear. Even Realist Hero kinda fudges on the details of IR Realism and it's the entire premise of that story, though at least it shows that you can be an IR realist and yet be a soft-hearted teddy bear domestically.

To be honest, my biggest beef with this chapter is the fact that the maid claims he's like Liu Bei, even though his dialogue might've been ripped right from the mouth of Cao Cao, who was a far better example of realism than Liu Bei ever was.

Double-page supporter
@marquisblack I don't know whether it's translation mistake or it's an error part from mangaka himself, but, I think Lui Bei part supposed to be MC's dialogues. It fits perfectly with his next dialogues since Lui Bei died because his hypocrisy and accomplished nothing.

MC should at least take maid's offer to sleep with him, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread