Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator

For all who wonder is it worth, it is. Story is ok, translation is not perfect but its definitly ok and there is also novel : https://readwebnovels.net/novel/rebirth-city-cultivation/

@rsharma8167 yeah ur right its been like that for a long time and its pretty much gonna continue. But i still want to read it through i guess.

someone give me a short review about this please,like the cons of it.
Thanks in advance.

@Nafizlatan
I've read a great many of these Chinese power trip releases and I can tell you, it is the same as the rest, perhaps one of the earlier ones. Chinese mass release these with the same (repetitive, copy pasted) plots, low art quality.
Just look up "system" in the search and you'll find a ton of carbon copy "urban xy system", same for "rebirth of..." and "metropolitan ..." and other cultivator stuff.
The way these work is as follows:
- MC gets reincarnated (sometimes not reincarnated but goes back in time in another way) has a sad/cruel past where he was unreasonably bullied. Gets stepped on every way possible pretty much.
- Common plot device is that he has some kind of female THOT ntr him in previous life, but gets a "true love" interest later on.
- He swears to avenge everything and live a good life protecting his loved ones and not letting anyone trample on him.
Now the main part:
- He absolutely wrecks all opposition, random human trash keep coming after him because "noone believes he could be the *insert powerful name here* everyone keeps talking about"
- He power trips and obliterates everyone
- Next petty trash attacks his family [no way pikachuface]
- He goes there to flex on them
- Everyone amazed as he kills all opposition again
^ The above keeps repeating because apparently everyone is an incompetent stereotype bully that has a personal vendetta after hearing 2 words, or are flat out idiots that just happen to cross MC for "plot" sake.
At this stage it repeated so many times its laughable and it only keeps going on for hundreds of chapters (like all others) because nothing happens, its an endless loop.
Opinion: To be honest I think a lot of Chinese stereotypes are represented in these kinds of "modern wuxian" trash. All about face and flaunting power, but now YOU the COMMON FOLK can be a hero and trample all injustices that come along. It certainly appeals to Chinese or else there wouldn't be so many. It also appeals to me as I've still never got over what happened oh so many years ago in school and at home.
TL;DR: So if you also enjoy a good power trip with little thought involved, perhaps you like daydreaming about such things, this is for you! If not, then its probably something you shouldn't waste your time on. There are many good Chinese martial art fantasy manga out there, this is not one of them.
It's pretty good to just scroll these mass produced stuff for hours on end, helps cope with a lot of stuff.

Recommendations if you are the target demographic or fit the criteria above:
- Return From the World of Immortals
- Strongest Abandoned Son
- I'm The Great Immortal
- Rebirth of The Urban Mad Immortal
- Metropolitan system
- Miss Sister, Don’t Mess With Me
- Flawless Metropolitan Divine Emperor
- Urban Best Medic
- Metropolitan City’s Ying Yang Miracle Doctor

Disclaimer: This list does not exhaust the myriad of trash out there. While these might be mass produced garbage for the most part, there is an audience that enjoys them for what they are. Do not dismiss Chinese Manhua because of these low effort paint.exe style ones. There are a great amount of amazing ones (none listed here) , even in this fantasy martial arts genre out there! Some of them even put most Japanese manga to shame.

I know you wanted a short review, but trust me reading this takes way less time than scrolling through thousands of chapters of this kind of stuff. If you are going to "try" one of these, then I do suggest this as this is one of the tastier turds on this dung heap.
EDIT:
Also just started reading a new one called "The Strongest God King" which reminded me that I forget another commonly used trope: MC meets a martial artist and heals them/their daughter/son/wife/granddaughter etc. and gets gifted a Villa and some status + free money support right of the bat.

@yldDavid
I'm not going to thank you mate,you literally copy-pasted the stuffs I already know.
Even though they're repetitive contents people still consume these,I'm not going to write down an essay about why.
Nevermind.

@Nafizlatan
Don't know what you expected, nothing was copy-pasted.
Short review?
- Random loser after getting trashed in previous life goes cultivates, becomes god, dies, reborn into past self.
- Gets revenge in the first few dozen chapters on the people from his past.
- After that its just a never ending slaughter fest where a new "stronger" group of people come after his loved ones because he STILL AFTER 200+ chapters couldn't bother to tell people his "muh seekret god identity". So people mistake him for a loser.
- At this point its just fight of the week slaughter fest.
What exactly did you ask for? Never mind.

LMFAO the guy killed his subordinate because his subordinate repeated a report twice and implied
the master was deaf.

How man days til the next update? I keep coming back every other day to check. Wanna know so I can at least come back after a week or two.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. yldDavid completely broke down why this manhua nearly put me off of other manhua and xianxia stories. The concept is interesting, but it's execution is just bad in every way. Like a repressed kid's power fantasy come to life.

... Which, granted, other manga and manhwa fit that bill perfectly as well. It's just the complete lack of subtlety and suspense that killed my interests. I mean, you know most of the time that the hero protagonist is going to win over adversity, but there's no adversity. It's just scrubs lining up for the main character to power up (cultivate), and beat them down. This is bite sized versions of the king sized candybar.

I'm seeing this trend in Kung-Fu flicks as well. It used to be the protag would fight the evil gang, get his ass kicked by their supreme leader, train in an unique style/technique, and then come back overpowered and win. Now it's Invincible Superman calmly destroying evil doers. They may get hit once, but that's it (Bruce Lee doesn't count in this instance, as he was that awesome).

I'm starting to worry about the peeps over in China more than I do about the Japanese wanting to die to get out of corporate life, and live in the medieval fantasy country side.

tl:dr: Exactly what I was thinking, I'll check out some of the titles you mentioned. Thanks

I thank you @ylDavid Ill go check out some of those series you mentioned

You know, I know this is pretty much garbage, we all know that. But there's a lot of it and its sort of fun in a trashy way so you put up with all its flaws. But I think its how, and we all knew it was inevitable, he turns into the kind of sociopathic "Power uber alles" lunatic he railed against in earlier arcs that really pisses me off. The Song family were stupid and duplicitous. But he killed that kid for something his father did. Is it a cultural thing? Because a lot of Chinese protagonists seem to embrace a very hypocritical standard of mortality which usually is displayed by complaining about how unfair someone is before committing genocide for the smallest slight. I know its commonplace but just got on my tits tonight for some reason.

Demon Scanlation Overlord, whoever says your translation is trashy is a trashy person, at least you are translating it, people who call it trashy should translate it themself if they are soo much better. Keep it up the good work and thanks for the Translation :)

Users who are viewing this thread