Reborn as a Phoenix: A Normal Bird Can't Beat a Dragon, Right?

How is this compared to "reincarnated as a dragons egg" ? From the cover alone this looks like pretty standard isekai. For anyone that hasn't read it dragons egg is a good isekai'd as a monster Manga/Ln. Though I still love I'm a Spider so what the most.

Don't you love it when you see new chapters for a manga that hasn't updated for a while but it's just LH being petty and releasing their version of chapters which someone else already did because they were so fucking slow about it?

I agree with ultrabebosaurus if LH just stops picking and dropping they might not had people do a chapter or 2 and they wouldn't be petty or something... To late to think for me

From buffsoul's comment, there actually is a microbe isekai, I believe it was something along the lines of "reincarnated as a virus" or something like that.

Post Edit:
It had so much potential but then it went down the "I WaNt tO bE An aDveNtuReR" trope.

The title is "A normal bird can't beat a dragon, right?", so one would hope the manga would answer the question in a unique way. Something like, "by training hard" or "through the power of friendship" or whatever. However, this manga's answer to the question is "it can". That's it. I know that may not be the intention of the title, but that's the problem I have against this (and the many, many similar) manga. Why is this bird strong? Just because. It's like they saw kirito and said "what if he was a bird?". There's nothing even interesting done with the protagonist being non-human like this. Everyone thinks he's a monster at first glance, but after a few pages, he can communicate with them as if he was a human.

If I'm being honest, this manga really isn't that bad. It's well drawn and at least it doesn't shy away from action scenes. I just have a problem with manga like this that try to advertise an interesting concept and then once you get past the first chapter, it becomes just like every other isekai/reincarnation/protag is strong bc protag/look I'm a monster surely I can't be around humans oh look a human who can talk with me manga.

Dex-chan lover
FYI, next raw chapter (either all of chapter 6 or just 6.1) of Reborn as a Phoenix doesn't release from the publisher until January 2nd, 2021.

Contributor
Chapter 5 was published in August (October issue of Dengeki Maoh) and chapter 6 was due in October but never materialised. Next issue is due out on the 26th. I’m not sure of the exact schedule for ComicWalker, but the parts look to go up on a roughly fortnightly basis. It’s possible (assuming that there is a new chapter at all) that the first half could go up on CW on the 2nd if they give the magazine only a weeks lead time?

OK, found the mangaka’s site and they have a message
※2020年11月現在、心身を壊したため漫画仕事は休業しております。リハビリとメンタルの安定かねて年内は趣味の絵最優先です。新規は2021年1月以降の着手でしたら応相談です。
■KADOKAWA刊・電撃マオウさんにて2020年3月より半年ほど小説コミカライズ作品の連載をしましたが現在上記の事情により休載中です。

So they stopped drawing for health reasons. Can’t figure out from their Twitter if they’ve started working again yet, but it seems they were driving themselves to an early grave by pulling 19 hour days while working on this manga:
ただ睡眠とご飯と風呂に使う5時間以外の1日あたり19時間を会社の仕事と漫画でずっと絵を描いてるの半年もやってたらなんぼ伸びしろもうそんなない自分でもわかるくらい多少は絵うまくなったよな、もう1回その生活やれって言われたら次は命落としそうだからやりませんけど…もうちょっと楽にやる…

the classic japanese beta male doesn't have a pp , a bird doesn't have a pp , no problem about trash genderbender

Group Leader
Yesterday's Maoh has no Phoenix chapter too. So it's another month to wait, or...

Group Leader
@Lonewolf22 It's up to date with the raws, next JP update will supposedly come on 6th of february. Then it depends on how long it'll take for LH to translate it.

@Geth270
I meant the raws, there are some rumors said that it will get axed or cancelled cause of the author being sick?
idk if its true or not

Users who are viewing this thread