Reborn as a Phoenix: A Normal Bird Can't Beat a Dragon, Right?

Contributor
The message on the manga-ka’s site has changed from
KADOKAWA刊・電撃マオウさんにて2020年3月より半年ほど小説コミカライズ作品の連載をしましたが現在上記の事情により休載中です。
to
KADOKAWA刊・電撃マオウにて2020年3月より半年ほど小説コミカライズ連載(心身の不調により終了)。
If I’m reading that right, before it said they were on hiatus, now it says they’ve stopped working on it entirely.

It was listed as “suspended” on the Dengeki Maoh site as of the 24th Jan, but has since been removed from the site altogether.

Dex-chan lover
@Shirobane
Comic-Walker is showing the next raw chapter slated for release on March 6th.

I think I'll still hold some optimism that this series will continue for now since comic-walker is the raw source for this manga.
(Granted, Comic-Walker lists this manga under "Free Manga", so maybe there isn't enough prioritization toward this manga as a result of it being free? That is purely my speculation though.)

Kadokawa is where the novel is published. Comic-walker is where the manga is published as far as I can tell. Though, if that message is true, then this manga will only have the first three volume novels to work adapt from.

Contributor
@xboxbam ..but 2 months ago you yourself said that ComicWalker was showing the next chapter as coming out on January 2nd and that never happened. CW is also only a secondary source; the chapters are published first in Dengeki Maoh and won’t go up free online till at least a couple of weeks later. There was no chapter in the last issue (released January 27th) and hasn’t been one since August as I said before. I don’t expect a new chapter until a new artist is announced, assuming that even happens (and again, all mention of the title has been removed from the Maoh site).

Dex-chan lover
@Shirobane

Yes, I did say that it was set to come out on January 2nd and Comic-Walker has pushed it back since then. I simply stated what I saw.

For the Dengeki Maoh part, do you have a link to their page of this series? I couldn't find it from their site.
Could I can get the link for the message from Kadokawa as well? I want to see it for myself before I go spreading the info to the rest of the LHT staff.

Contributor
@xboxbam
I can’t link anything on the Dengeki Maoh site since, as I said previously “It was listed as ‘suspended’ on the Dengeki Maoh site as of the 24th Jan, but has since been removed from the site altogether” and “again, all mention of the title has been removed from the Maoh site”. This is how it last appeared on the site, right at the bottom under the “bimonthly/suspended” (隔月連載・休載) heading: https://web.archive.org/web/20201214184223/http://maoh.dengeki.com/

The message on the manga-ka’s site is on the manga-ka’s site: https://natano.xyz/ (currently the second entry under 漫画の掲載歴 on the bottom right)

main-qimg-b8b31a1c6f85fa3ba642e6d29f2e54b3

Damn it I really love this type of manga why do the manga I love keep getting axed or drop ;C

@Lonewolf22
I feel the same.
I keep them bookmarked as "Reading" just in case they are not truly canceled. (which i'll admit is extremely unlikely.)

( Also, sometimes people, for no apparent reason at all, don't bother translating the rest of the volumes/chapters that have already came out once they catch wind that it got redrum'd by Johnny.

I'm too depressed right now to even laugh at my cringy reference to The Shining so if any of yall need me i'll be cheering myself up by rereading Holo's manga (obviously "Spice & Wolf").

Dex-chan lover
Any news on why it's cancelled?
I mean (specifically) the author didn't die or anything, right?
:edit:
Nevermind, just read Shirobane's post.

Users who are viewing this thread