Rebuild World - Ch. 59

Dex-chan lover
Antes de todo, creo que vale la pena informar que yo también hablo Español. Ni se me ocurrió la palabra "negro" mientras leía, así que tú argumento ya no se aplica.
In any case, let's not play stupid. It's already well known how quite a few manga/anime fans are also fond of twitter and the Chans (4chan is a homage to the very Japanese 2chan), and that the word in question is thrown around in these spaces with a very, very clear aim.
You seem to be already aware that your joke touches on a sensitive subject, which is a good thing and shows you have some good sense.

TL;DR: there's a reason 4chan thought and lingo stays in 4chan. I hope we keep it that way
Nobody tell him

Dex-chan lover
Actually, it's the other way around: Akira on his own is way weaker than the other asshole on his own. It's only thanks to Alpha's direct support that he is able to keep up with the other hunters: just until lately he was a little more than a meat puppet and only recently he has started acting on his own. The other guy, on the other hand, cannot rely on this level of active support since he hasn't a good compatibility: he basically has a very keen perception and a sixth sense for danger. Sixth sense he uses to plunge directly into it...
So i dont have time to get into it but in the comments section of a previous chapter i posted several spoiler heavy things in a discussion on how alpha was manipulating akira.

TLDR they are both old world connectors but akira's connection is stronger than the harem dude. In fact the harem part of his LAN capabilities will end up being his undoing and akira will end up murdering him eventually. Akira is stronger, and Alpha made sure of that albeit for selfish reasons.

Yay for random chance nanite mutations!

Dex-chan lover
He has been with the ai for a pretty long time now and im pretty sure at some chapter she even admit that hes growing. But why is it that everyone keeps saying he doesnt look strong? And how do they even tell? Professional sight?
So the thing about old world connectors like akira and the other dude? there is a slight passive perception filter they apply to those around them. Akira sees himself as weak, so thats how others see him cause he projects that into their minds. Other dude thinks hes tough shit and so he projects that into other peoples heads. Akira is usually immune to it partially cause old world connector powers and partially because of alpha.

Dex-chan lover
There's no main or mini Alpha. All Alpha are the same, they can change to the most suited form to approach the vessel
There is actually two of them though in this instance.

Alpha slit her processing power to run multiple subjects simultaneously, kind of to hedge her bets in case one didnt work out. Akira's connection is stronger than katsuyas so most of her processing power goes to him, mini alpha is a backup plan of sorts. The two alphas are after the same goal, but will use different methods and will kill the other alpha's subject if they feel it will suit their needs. Thus they are not entirely the same alpha as they are capable of opposing eachother.

Dex-chan lover
I made this chapter on a whim, thinking that the TL group has no longer translating the series, this is my first upload to mangadex so it took a while to get verified. But after I made contact with the group, I found out that they did not drop the series and was already starting to TL this chapter and was said to be released on Weds/Thus.

This is clearly a low effort translation since it's my first time translating a manga with zero knowledge about japanese language and only using my phone. I just tried if it could work out using chatgpt and manga-ocr and the result seems pretty readable.

Well, after knowing all that, I'll just post it on discord for an early translation so to not compete with the proper TL group for this series.
Much appreciated. Feel free to translate any series that has been dropped. I'd go after the series that have been dropped by groups like comicdom since they ran a massive scam that caused dozens of groups to drop their translations and now those series are all dead in the water and way behind RAW.

Dex-chan lover
While some groups honestly deserve to get sniped, I don't think this is one of those situations. It's not like we're multiple chapters behind or the existing translations are complete garbage, so that's not really an excuse for a self-admitted low effort attempt made on a whim using AI.
My point is (and has always been) that "sniping" is bullshit, and the concept that has plagued the fan translation scene for so long needs to die; it was created by BS scanlators trying to drive people to their sites for monetary gain. It's the same reason there was a huge blowup here on mangadex years back from those same scanlation groups, assmad people preferred to read their stuff in a single decent place that didn't shit ads at them. There is no such thing as a "snipe", there is just someone putting out their own version of a translation, simple as that.

Double-page supporter
Legitimately like the novel way better, besides Sheryl. She's mostly the same and I like how she does a bit more and it does emphasize their relationship in a one sided awkward way.
The manga isn't bad but it feels way more generic and Alpha is WAY less obviously evil.
Like she'd NEVER tell Akira Katsuya and team were fucked and Akira wouldn't give two shits either way.
Katsuya is a bit more redeemable here than in the novel as well. Novel Katsuya is more of an obvious tool that people worship, while manga Katsuya is more like how people see him in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
I unironically like Rachel’s character. She moves the story on naturally, by being a selfish and envious regular person who got dragged into a feud of demigods. The story would be a lot more boring without her. Writing a good unlikeable character isn’t trivial.
Katsuya’s position is different, he’s the obvious rival character, since there’s not really any competing with Akita once the gets real strong without also having connection to an old net assistant. He’s also a point of contrast, with which to compare the strength of Akira, so it’s only natural they the gets stronger. That we don’t see him putting in hard work is just because we don’t focus on this character. He’s always had the backing that would let this talent thrive, which contrasts with Akira.
Based Rachel enjoyer she's so awesome. Having a character with such real human motivations in such an insanely huge and fucked up setting works so well especially now that she's having a direct effect on the world itself rather than just the people around her its so dope

Double-page supporter
My point is (and has always been) that "sniping" is bullshit, and the concept that has plagued the fan translation scene for so long needs to die; it was created by BS scanlators trying to drive people to their sites for monetary gain. It's the same reason there was a huge blowup here on mangadex years back from those same scanlation groups, assmad people preferred to read their stuff in a single decent place that didn't shit ads at them. There is no such thing as a "snipe", there is just someone putting out their own version of a translation, simple as that.
It's about the "wasted" effort, and no I'm not talking about scanlators complaining about not getting any recognition because they got sniped like you're talking about. I mean the theoretical ideal that there could've been two completely different chapters instead of the exact same thing twice.

If two different groups translate the same thing and put out their own version, then at the very least the newer group should have something to justify it, something much better than thinking a monthly series that's caught up got dropped because it's been a month since the last chapter. If they think they can do a better job that'd be fine too, even if I may not be on their side for that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's about the "wasted" effort, and no I'm not talking about scanlators complaining about not getting any recognition because they got sniped like you're talking about. I mean the theoretical ideal that there could've been two completely different chapters instead of the exact same thing twice.

If two different groups translate the same thing and put out their own version, then at the very least the newer group should have something to justify it, something much better than thinking a monthly series that's caught up got dropped because it's been a month since the last chapter. If they think they can do a better job that'd be fine too, even if I may not be on their side for that.
To which I'd say that's bunk. First, it's not about "recognition", and I never said that- I said it was about "monetary gain", which it was. Second, it's the same sort of argument companies use against piracy, fallaciously saying that anyone who pirates is a lost sale. If you don't want to see their work, then just block them, and continue on reading the releases from the groups you prefer. Or read them both,as I do, and appreciate the differences in nuance between them that give a better understanding of the original meaning versus any localization bias a single person/group may have.

Double-page supporter
To which I'd say that's bunk. First, it's not about "recognition", and I never said that- I said it was about "monetary gain", which it was. Second, it's the same sort of argument companies use against piracy, fallaciously saying that anyone who pirates is a lost sale. If you don't want to see their work, then just block them, and continue on reading the releases from the groups you prefer. Or read them both,as I do, and appreciate the differences in nuance between them that give a better understanding of the original meaning versus any localization bias a single person/group may have.
Even if we all know where their true motives lie, I'd at least like to think that they wouldn't have been brazen enough to straight up admit that it's for the money and instead hide behind the more easily palatable veil of recognition, which is why I worded it that way. Or maybe some of them did and I completely blocked them from memory or weren't reading any of their releases at the time anyway.
I did call it a theoretical ideal for a reason. Again, I have nothing against the basic idea of multiple translations, I just think that there needs to be justification for choosing to doing so. Differences in interpretation could be that justification, but that could at least be mentioned directly and not something to be assumed.

As for blocking, I wouldn't block a group over a single slight unless their release was atrociously bad. Even if they continue "sniping", maybe they'll improve and win me over to their side. Maybe they jump over to an untouched series instead. Blocking them straight away would prevent me from seeing if either of those things happen.

Dex-chan lover
Legitimately like the novel way better, besides Sheryl. She's mostly the same and I like how she does a bit more and it does emphasize their relationship in a one sided awkward way.
The manga isn't bad but it feels way more generic and Alpha is WAY less obviously evil.
Like she'd NEVER tell Akira Katsuya and team were fucked and Akira wouldn't give two shits either way.
Katsuya is a bit more redeemable here than in the novel as well. Novel Katsuya is more of an obvious tool that people worship, while manga Katsuya is more like how people see him in the novel.
Huh. you think maybe the manga is making us see katsuya through the old world connection perception filter he puts out about himself?

Dex-chan lover
Antes de todo, creo que vale la pena informar que yo también hablo Español. Ni se me ocurrió la palabra "negro" mientras leía, así que tú argumento ya no se aplica.
In any case, let's not play stupid. It's already well known how quite a few manga/anime fans are also fond of twitter and the Chans (4chan is a homage to the very Japanese 2chan), and that the word in question is thrown around in these spaces with a very, very clear aim.
You seem to be already aware that your joke touches on a sensitive subject, which is a good thing and shows you have some good sense.

TL;DR: there's a reason 4chan thought and lingo stays in 4chan. I hope we keep it that way
What has any of this to do with twitter and 4chan?
Reading manga and watching anime dont set you on a certain political spectrum... The world is not this basic.

Dex-chan lover

It's because of this mentatlity that we have two or three shitty trad team that hoard 95% of the best or most popular manga with an extremely month between each release when the raw have dozen of chapter aviable.
The sooner this weird belief die the sooner everyone will profit from better translation, and better translation cant be negative for anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread