Rebuild World - Vol. 10 Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
Akira after seeing Sheryl got hit on by Katsuya:

Screenshot_2023-05-21_120442.png

Dex-chan lover
This guy has nothing going for him except his self belief that he is the best and always right. I can't wait for him to be murdered then everyone to realize how he manipulated them

Dex-chan lover
It's not 'manipulation' like it's literally an agreement they both agreed to. She gives him strength, and he helps her with the thing she needs once he's stronger. And she clearly isn't isolating him. She is making him dependent on her yes, but that's so he doesn't get strong and then throw her out and then she's SOL. Cause for him to do what she needs he has to be strong, but at any point before that he can throw her out and she wouldn't be able to stop him.

Now whether or not she has affection for him is unclear, but manipulation is a 'nah' they are both openly working in their own interest for an agreement they both agreed to.
She's 100% manipulating him. She presents information in ways that purely best benefit her and omits other details that work against her. She freely states many times (to herself) just how much she wants to understand (and therefore gain control over) his thought processes.

Yes, she is assisting him and he would be dead if not for her and there's undoubtedly a lot of necessity in many of her actions but do not mistake this for benevolence on her part. Alpha's worked with hundreds of people before him - she's built up many ways and means of subtle deception and redirection over the years so she can more accurately utilise them.

She would quite happily rip apart his relationship with, for example, Shizuka, Elena and Sara, three people who legitimately want nothing but the best for Akira and who make him happy, solely because they represent a threat to her total control over him - he will often briefly prioritise them over purely completing her mission.

She only doesn't do so because she hasn't yet figured out how to without damaging her own relationship with him yet, which is the one thing she fears because it could mean having to start again from scratch.

Alpha is absolutely the best thing to happen to Akira but she is not human and has her own agenda and that includes removing Akira's agency as much as possible.

Dex-chan lover
oh? so that guy can brainwash or something?
To be exact, he and Akira can both connect to the old network. This allows them to subconsciously broadcast to people nearby. Think telepathy. They broadcast how they want people to perceive them. For Katsuya, he wants to be perceived as amazing, and have a lot of friends and followers. For Akira, due to his being used to living in the slum, he broadcasts a desire to be seen as weak (not intentionally, he just doesn't see himself as strong, ie he has low self esteem).
Not a "I ruined the whole story" spoiler, but it explains the similarities between MC and Katsuya, as well as why they are different... roughly.

Dex-chan lover
It's not 'manipulation' like it's literally an agreement they both agreed to. She gives him strength, and he helps her with the thing she needs once he's stronger. And she clearly isn't isolating him. She is making him dependent on her yes, but that's so he doesn't get strong and then throw her out and then she's SOL. Cause for him to do what she needs he has to be strong, but at any point before that he can throw her out and she wouldn't be able to stop him.

Now whether or not she has affection for him is unclear, but manipulation is a 'nah' they are both openly working in their own interest for an agreement they both agreed to.
He seem to agree with alpha because he only know what alpha tell him. and that's what we call manipulation.
she didn't isolated him because that's also her way to learn his way of thinking so she can better manipulate him.
for better or the worse alpha is AI with purpose, while alpha probably has no malice and Akira also really need her help what she did still amount to manipulation.

its quite clearly implied in the way that alpha did not share critical information like how the access permission actually work and using excuse that its too long and complicated to explain. this only become clear when Akira meet the other management AI later.

well I can understand why she using manipulation tactic here because her previous contractor either die before they completed the task or "betray" her by abandoning the task.

Dex-chan lover
oh? so that guy can brainwash or something?
Essentially he broadcasts his self image. which leads to a positive feedback loop. He's talented and he's told so, which makes him think he's hot shit, which then makes other people think he's hot shit. repeat.

Akira does the same thing but it doesn't make a feedback loop because he knows it's because of Alpha, but this is why everyone (like Shikarabe when they first met) thinks he's nothing special despite "his" achievements until they see him kick ass. because Akira knows he's nothing special.

Dex-chan lover
The other AI is an offshoot of Alpha. One of the previous chapters has them talking to each other.

That's why Alpha was trying so hard to get Akira out of there, cause her other part knew Tatsuya was coming.
If Alpha didn't do it, then it would probably go like this:
  • Katsuya and his two concubines waltz in
  • Akira doesn't interact with them
  • Katsuya starts talking shit and pushing his buttons,
  • This Captain Save a Hoe tries to "save" Sheryl
  • The concubines try to defuse but Katsuya knows better
  • Rat-tat-tat-tat and heavily armed security guards
  • OR another small trauma on Akira's pile of insecurities and grief
I yelled "at last, this fucker" and cracked open a beer when this fucking potato got fried in the novel. That pest thought himself invincible while pissing off everyone not under his cheat skill. Also, fuck Drankam.

Dex-chan lover
YOOO new chapter!! man fuck this nerd katsuya, homie a lil BIATCH fr fr. MC gonna walk back in and he gonna throw a hissy fit and try n shit talk cuz sheryl actually likes him and katsuya only got weird ass hypnosis effect thing goin on

Dex-chan lover
Katsuya loses horribly… like he tries to get 10+ people to join him in killing Akira, and most, including him, die horribly
Guessing akira’s harem gets bigger? Probably going to drop this series if this is the direction it goes for that guy. I already don’t like akira so this makes me dislike tatsuya as well since i hoped his dumbass would develop past this and be akira’s vegeta.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, Sheryl still best girl just like in the web novel.
That's pretty interesting, because I've always thought of her as a scared mooch. Her motivation for even pretending to be "best girl" is that she wants Akira to protect her and her gang. She's not motivated out of any sort of kindness. In this very chapter she legitimately said to herself "If I can increase my debt to him more, then he'll stick around hoping I pay him back." She's not exactly "Bad" but there is no way I would say she's the best. Carol wins that hands down. Once she gets a back story you definitely go, oh crap, she's legit. Second place goes to... Shizuka. Because I remember her name now!

Dex-chan lover
Guessing akira’s harem gets bigger? Probably going to drop this series if this is the direction it goes for that guy. I already don’t like akira so this makes me dislike tatsuya as well since i hoped his dumbass would develop past this and be akira’s vegeta.
To answer your question, vaguely, without giving too much away... Nah, not really. There are other girls, but this guy does NOT care about them much, at all. He's maybe closer to one than any others, who remain just background characters. You're safe, chief! This one is one of my favorite stories. Now that the LN is being released a bit more frequently, I highly recommend buying them. This author knows his shit.

Users who are viewing this thread