Rebuild World - Vol. 10 Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
You're not obligated to tell someone everything for it to not be manipulation. By that case Akira is manipulating her. He never told her the real details of what he wanted. The two Hunters would be 'manipulating' him too. Because they didn't tell him everything either. So is the gunshop owner and the guy with the big truck. They're all manipulating him because they aren't telling him their entire plans before he agrees to work with him. You see how stupid that gets? It quickly turns into a case of literally everyone in the story is manipulating everyone. Manipulation is not so simple as someone agreeing to something without knowing the whole story. Manipulation is controlling their decision making. You are not just presenting your argument in a good like (that is persuasion) you are making it so that they "can't" choose otherwise. You're lying to conceal and hide things that would change their mind, you're making other options look worse than they are in order to get them to not pick them.

If someone follows you without question that is not you manipulating them, that is them being stupid.

The one who is trying to manipulate him is Sherry and that is obvious. Is Alpha doing what Sherry is doing? Actively trying to control his DECISION MAKING? Again I don't have perfect memory but I don't recall her doing that. She is 100% capable of doing it yes, and she has effectively said that she will, but if saying something was enough to make it true, half the internet would be criminals and need to be in jail.

Now if Akira asked those questions, and then Alpha lied to him then we would be crossing into manipulation territory.
Dude, you need to sort out communication or manipulation.

In Akira's eyes, what she does for Sheryll is duty etc. etc. ( just MARRY HER ALREADY ). In Sheryl's eyes, she is in a hurry to meet eye to eye with Akira ( come on girl, if you say you ASK to marry Akira he definitely will say YES! ). However, Sheryl is so sharp she notices that Akira is demon possessed, and she thinks waiting to get that demon leave Akira before confronting him bare naked.

Dex-chan lover
Amongst all the girls in Rebuild WORLD only Sheryl has budget under Akira's plans.

The rest of the girls are on their own pockets, or the freebies.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, you need to sort out communication or manipulation.

In Akira's eyes, what she does for Sheryll is duty etc. etc. ( just MARRY HER ALREADY ). In Sheryl's eyes, she is in a hurry to meet eye to eye with Akira ( come on girl, if you say you ASK to marry Akira he definitely will say YES! ). However, Sheryl is so sharp she notices that Akira is demon possessed, and she thinks waiting to get that demon leave Akira before confronting him bare naked.
No Sherly is actually trying to manipulate him. She is making decisions specifically to encourage certain reactions. She is failing at it but she is still trying to manipulate him. Like now with deciding to let him pay so that she'd be more in debt so that he wouldn't separate from them easily. That is attempting to manipulate(and she has done many similar things), however she is fail to succeed in manipulating, but I didn't say she was manipulating him I said she was trying to.

Dex-chan lover
THIS. One is making an ARMY, while the other one is making the ONE MAN ARMY.
Of course in real life having an army is the common sense.
In the manga, kek.

Dex-chan lover
Oof. Katsuya really is a bad date. Granted the girls don't really know how to deal with his desire to be praised/lead, but boy sets himself up for some easy manipulation.
I love the art though. It is great treat seeing girls and hoes.

Katsuya loses horribly… like he tries to get 10+ people to join him in killing Akira, and most, including him, die horribly
Heard that the manga is already deviating a lot from the LN so who knows.

Firstly the 'free will interference' is her ability to actually manipulate his actions. She has the -ability- to do so yes, doesn't mean she's doing it.

Your quote from page 16...says nothing about her changing his behavior, but rather her analyzing his behavior and deciding he wont be a repeat of the last hunters. She literally says "Action Unnecessary." and then explains it's because he distrust humans that she doesn't need to act.

As for her being SOL, 498 people have been picked up, and all failed way faster than Akira. This very page you linked explains that Akira's mindset and behavior are fundamentally different from others she attracts and is yielding better results. She is SOL because the chances of her getting another Akira are super slim.

Checking if he is doing something out of good will means she does not actually have control of his thinking and thought process. If she was manipulating him she wouldn't need to ask him and instead just manipulate him to do what she wants and not help those people.

And the Alpha fork...that page is literally our Alpha refusing to 'guide' him the way the fork wants. Like literally she says "I have limited interference and a contract I am obligated to follow" If we're just taking her words at face value like we are in the rest of your quotes, then that means even if Alpha can manipulate him, it's very minor and can't actually break from his desires.

No one said that Alpha was Akira's friend either. However Alpha is also an AI, and capable to 'acting'. While I'm not saying it's true it could very well be that Alpha does have emotions and is struggling between how she wants to be and how she 'should' be. But that is besides the point, because lack of friendship or emotion doesn't mean anything.

The only thing you've actually shown that actually hints at her manipulating him is the first one. Wont deny she said that, but the question is, have you actually SEEN any manipulation? No one is questioning if she is capable of manipulating him, but rather if she IS manipulating him. Now my memory isn't perfect t but the only time I've recall her 'tricking' him into doing something was just this chapter, and that was simply to get him out of the way of the idiot because she agreed to avoid "low value trials". And Akira probably would've left if he knew the guy was coming anyway, cause he doesn't like being around him, it's just safer to not bring it up though because she's trying to hide the Alpha Fork. Every other time we've seen Akira do what he wants, and it's been consistent with his character as far as we know.

Remember, persuasion is not manipulation. Convincing someone to decide something with truthful information is not manipulation. It's only when you convince them with inaccurate information that it becomes manipulation.
Her manipulation is so powerful it can traverse the 4th wall.

the author loves to drag these two, MC and Katsuya, into a bloody mess
It was said that everyone in the eastern district can connect to the old world domain but some have a stronger connection than others. Both akira and katsuya have above-average connectivity strength and the benefit of having a stronger connection than the others are that they both could influence the feeling of people with a weak connection by how they feel, basically unconsciously brainwashing them.

Wrong response 🤦

Other AI definitely is very different, she boost Katsuya actively and passively on a subconscious level and seem to even make him emit a light brainwash/pheromone aura.
It was said that everyone in the eastern district can connect to the old world domain but some have a stronger connection than others. Both akira and katsuya have above-average connectivity strength and the benefit of having a stronger connection than the others are that they both could influence the feeling of people with a weak connection by how they feel, basically unconsciously brainwashing them.

This guy has nothing going for him except his self belief that he is the best and always right. I can't wait for him to be murdered then everyone to realize how he manipulated them
Yeah about that, not a single one on his group will find out...

I think his super powerful ai is doing it...
Nope, even without the A. I as long as you have a fairly above-average connectivity strength then you can influence how other people (with weak connectivity strength to the old world domain) think about you

They both live. Yumina (The long haired one) stays with Drankam and signs a non aggression contract against Akira, while Airi, the short haired girl, leaves Dranknam with a few others, having inherited Katsuya’s AI, with the intent of bringing revenge against Akira.
You're talking about the wn, the manga is currently following the LN
They both live. Yumina (The long haired one) stays with Drankam and signs a non aggression contract against Akira, while Airi, the short haired girl, leaves Dranknam with a few others, having inherited Katsuya’s AI, with the intent of bringing revenge against Akira.

The good old "the nice guy is actually brainwashing everyone" trope.

Considering Alpha's insistence, I have to assume his brainwash ability is due to the AI girl he picked up a while back, even if he doesn't know about it. Kind of surprised the chapter didn't end with Akira walking in on them as he came back.
It was said that everyone in the eastern district can connect to the old world domain but some have a stronger connection than others. Both akira and katsuya have above-average connectivity strength and the benefit of having a stronger connection than the others are that they both could influence the feeling of people with a weak connection by how they feel, basically unconsciously brainwashing them. You don't need an A.I such as alpha to do the brainwashing.

Users who are viewing this thread