Rebuild World - Vol. 10 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
I know they are toning the manga/LN down a bit from the WN because of various reasons, but, I'm going to be a little disappointed if Akira doesn't wreck all the faces in this next arc. The rescue arc and dealing with Viola's bullshit are some of the best WN writing around. It'd be a shame to toss it all because kids are upset about girls getting booboos.

*Edited because apparently, autocorrect doesn't like Viola's name.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Welp. He really shouldn't have done that. Time for Akira to go psycho killer on this bastard.

Dex-chan lover
Article 1 (from a month ago):
Nahuse's Rebuild World Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime
"Kadokawa announced during a promo video watch party panel at Anime Expo on Sunday that Nahuse's Rebuild World light novel series is getting a television anime adaptation."

Crunchyroll article with higher resolution images.

Article 2: Rebuild World TV Anime Unveils Cast
Crunchyroll
Damn, too bad. Looks like I'll be looking to fan translations, if any are done. Too bad no Masamune Shirow, either way.

Dex-chan lover
He was in debt. Now he's gonna be in ded.
Miraculously he somehow survives, that or it was someone else that goes on getting their debt deeper.
Iirc, Katsuragi eventually sponsors the poor guy with decent gear, ammo and medicine, but his earnings barely scratch even, so he's perpetualy in debt.

Awe yeah I enjoyed this arc when I read it in the web novel though since the manga is following the light novel I suppose it will be a little different now where he will be just rescuing sheryl and not killing the pick pocket alna lol.
What chapter this arc in the web novel?

Dex-chan lover
Awe yeah I enjoyed this arc when I read it in the web novel though since the manga is following the light novel I suppose it will be a little different now where he will be just rescuing sheryl and not killing the pick pocket alna lol.
Less cute characters dying? Thats a win win

Dex-chan lover
The wallet was least of his concern, his pride and ego took a hit.
Akira put his life on the line multiple times, and has managed to grow out of being a weak slum kid to a decent hunter.
But then 'someone' spreads some info that he's easy pickings.
Didn't help that Katsuya shat on him saying its his fault getting pickpocketted all while white knight'ing the rat.
He was ready to murder her long before they bumped into the other group. He was actually about to start shooting her with the heavy duty rounds that can punch through a mech before Alpha warned him off, and would have reduced her to a bloody rag right there in the middle of the main street if the other group didn't step in. He wasn't just chasing to get his wallet back, he was out for murder and didn't care who saw him commit it.
not the same situation though. There something has been taken from him (which really sets him off because of obvious reasons), but here the people maybe inconvenienced him but they haven’t actually done anything to harm him yet.
See above ^^

He's not just naïve, and has never shied away from a fight unless he thought he couldn't win. Look back at every time he's had a confrontation while in the ruins, even the ones that could have been avoided by sneaking away, properly communicating with the other party, or ignoring the issue as he did this time, he immediately decides to turn it into a head-on battle. It's only this time that we see a character change from him regarding conflicts.

Dex-chan lover
He was actually about to start shooting her with the heavy duty rounds that can punch through a mech
His Gear got wrecked right before the pickpocket event so his guns at the time is 'mid', admittedly its still guns so there's that.
and didn't care who saw him commit it.
The Shizuka can defuse him easily if she was there, tho in the WN Elena and Sara handled the talk poorly since they didn'y even try to first listen to his side.

My point stands.
And we both agree he wasn't chasing to get his wallet back.
And after getting through a reread, the whole event happens while he was reminiscing his old weak self, and saying, now he's different, stronger to protect himself and his money.
Then the bitch just swipes him.
It's not about the cash, its his pride and ego.

To quote fom the chapter:
Katsuya:
Even if she did rob you, it's your fault for letting it happen
Then we see Akira's take of the twisted norm of the slums:
It's your fault if they kill you, it's their fault if you kill them
Akira killing people off that triggers him, is consistent to how relatively lawless the slums are, if he got her before getting into the inner city area, that'd be it end of story(for her), no extended escalated drama.

Users who are viewing this thread