Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - 13 Gods, 13 Mortals.

@MickGurs Well to be fair, it *is* made by a Japanese aiming for a Japanese audience. Also Hitler would probably stir up some...….uncomfortable feelings. Plus it would be even more one sided than the jack the ripper fight on whos side the readers would be on.

@HellifIknow "Well it's made by a Japanese author so..." That excuse doesn't make it not bad writing.
American cinema also tends to do this, even with preexisting stories that aren't originally set in America (War of the Worlds) and can be rightfully criticized for it.

@MickGurs True enough. Still though, you are making assumptions on the quality of story when some of the characters had of yet been introduced.

Not trying to say that making assumptions is necessarily a bad thing. Nor am I saying that the author isn't bias or could have chosen a better line up of characters. Seeing as how he has history itself at his fingertips to pull inspiration or interesting fights from.

Its just that this is chapter 4 nonetheless.

Group Leader
jack the ripper against hercules?
adam from the bible (lol wtf) against su...sa...no mikoto? (who tf)
lel michel nostradamus against odin

Good Choice. If they let Saitama and Kraos Joins in, the Battle would be over.
I also got a feeling Sun Wukong will be in the manga siding with Humans for entertainment and he also not a good term with Gods.

How are people complaining with 4 chapters. Mangadex comments are the biggest babies ever tbf.

Double-page supporter
People who complain about Japanese characters in a Japanese manga are funny and kind of ridiculous. The author is Japanese and this manga is for Japanese audience so of course he has to choose characters the audience is familiar with. To be honest, as an Asian, I don't even know some of the people you guys think that should be on the list, some I heard of their name but don't know what they did or can do.

Let's go we got some gintama rep in here but kinda sad musashi isn't on this list.

Fed-Kun's army
Come on man, they wasted a good chance to include Saito Hajime from the shinsengumi.

Fed-Kun's army
Jack the Ripper rofl
sasaki kojiro, raiden(sumo)? lmao always with the overrated nippon culture. except for kintaro dudes sick as hell
Tesla's cool tho
Rasputin's cool too

Users who are viewing this thread