Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 11 Ch. 42 - On the Precipice

Double-page supporter
Damn im loving this manga way too much right now. Also, some blank speech bubbles are on page 26

bruh not to shit on his character but is he going to throw snacks at his opponent until he wins well since he's the sole "deity" of an entire major religion i better see some dope powers

Aggregator gang
So, We just saw history of.........
Buddha and Zeus fighting over chocolates.

Aggregator gang
@xxxNothingxxx
@Kolderen
Well manga is a parody so we can't argue on that, if he is a god or not???
But, as history speaks....... Buddha was a human, his real name was Siddharth who was born in ancient India and gained enlightened and founded one of the largest religion.
He is just like jesus.

@Piyush123 I am aware, what I meant was that in this manga world he probably just became a god. Also not exactly like Jesus, Jesus was actually God in human form.

This week are a double chapter.

I saw chapter 43 And Seen's that Budha will represent humanity in this fight

Dex-chan lover
@Piyush123
It varies between religions. Most Christians believe Jesus is child of God (there are many branches within Christianity, and they don't always agree on that matter). Islam considers him a prophet (God's messenger), but not divinity. Judaism doesn't care much.

didint specify for whose side to fight on, maybe buddha's gonna fight for humans

Double-page supporter
@Piyush123 can be both. Yes is weird, Jesus is the son of Maria after being impregnated by the Holy Spirit. Some concepts may vary depending of wich branch of Christianity you ask.

In general God is separated in 3 beings:

"The Father", the father of every one, the classic characterisation of god. "The Son", Jesus who can be interpretated as god incarnated as a human. And "The Holly Spirit", Representated as a fire, light or a White dove, this las one manifested and announced to Maria that will have the son of god.

Those 3 are not the same but thogether are the "Holly Trinty" which is the very concept of "real God" at least in bettween Catholics.
----------
Btw, About Buddha is a bit hard to explain because is necesary also talk about Hinduism (wich Im not very well versed), but Enlightenment of Buddha means He escaped from reincarnation cycle. Wich maintain our souls to the phisical world making them suffer... Because our souls are the shattered parts of a bigger one wich I believe can be interpretated as God too I guess?.

The point is while Buddha is not a God it self, He is in a God like position because his soul ascend higher a realm. Actually He didn´t wanted to be worshipped by his followers while he was alive, the point of his teachings is that everyone can become "Buddha". More than Jesus comes as a Messiah, Buddha suppost to be like that guy in your class wich has very good grades and try to show you his studying techniques.

Dex-chan lover
On the question of whether Buddha is human or god, I'll just say that he was originally supposed to fight for the gods, so the other gods were willing to recognize them as one of him. Presumably, he could fight for either side, and it depends on his choice.

If Buddha does fight for the humans, they'd have to cross a human off of their list. Maybe Qin Shi Huang- I'm not sure what they'd do with him otherwise. The more interesting question is which god will replace him. I've suspected for a while that Buddha would be removed from the god lineup, and that Hermes would take his place, since they keep hinting at how strong he is.

Users who are viewing this thread