Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 5 Ch. 19.1 - The Swallow Gazes Into The Abyss

Double-page supporter
Its a MASTA PIECE!!!

I known that Kojiro will win this but the way he execute Poseidon is really really god like

So... .basically, Poseidon is Gilgamesh (fate) of this universe that is always looking down on his opponent until the end and don't end things when he has a chance until it's too late (Kojiro would be Emiya since he cuts Poseidon arms off too lol). The first 2 fights for those 2 gods "at least" they tried to use their full power because they realize that those human are strong (even though those 2 lose). Not in Poseidon case which he looks down on Kojiro ( even in his death bed he still calling Kojiro " Trash" ). So I don't mind that Kojiro gets the first win since he represents a human that never win even once to win against someone that always look down on them (The bottom beat someone at the top even for gods themselves). I think this win ( weak+effort and the combined power of many people that represent humanity vs OP. ) has more impact than "a first victory" from OP vs. OP which sure . . . it's cool on the paper but in my mind, those victories will give me less impact for a "first victory". since not all human is OP like Adam + most of human gain something by their effort which is closer to Kojiro.

@naeon
If the story was written by an American, Adam would have been black and the first victory would have gone to a woman. If a white man had won first after a chinaman and basketball american lost, reddit and twitter would have exploded in anger.

Japan winning is what happens when the author actually loves his own country and culture. It is a bit unsurprising but understandable.

The fight was good, salty that my favorite Greek god lost. I wish it would have been Ares or Hades that lost, oh wells.

The battle was awesome and the victory well deserved.
Also, I think that races shouldn´t matter in this manga. After all, the literal story is that all of humanity stand united as one against the gods. It doesn´t matter which country Sasaki is from, he fought for everyone.
Anf by the way: Over half of the 13 humans are non-japanese and I am pretty sure the mangaka is gonna make it a close victory to show all 13 fights. Therefore, at least one non-japanese should win at some point.

Adam deserved the first victory, not some japanese literal who with the power of friendship and TWO katana against a god who killed brother with 1 hit.

maaaaaaaan, this shit epic af
i can't even get sad about the saltiness of the haters against it
i feel like re-reading vagabond now lol

Fed-Kun's army
The author is obviously glorifying the Japanese culture and that's understandable. Doesn't really matter, at least we got one win.

Double-page supporter
@DestinyIX
Exactly! The storyline is actually really well-thought out if you think about it that it makes a lot of sense that Kojiro won this one.

@DestinyIX That is actually a pretty nice way to look at it and It does make sense, I just hope it's not gonna be only Japanese people winning against gods. I'm not even sure if there are any left that will fight, but still.

"Humanity's first winner is their greatest loser"

Hey, this manga can be poetic when it tries to.

Fed-Kun's army
I like the fight. That was a good read. I actually went oh sh- for real when Poseidon bite his trident.
Personally, I'm most looking forward to "intelligence" type hero, so Tesla and Rasputin. I also like guns, so looking forward to Simo too. I wonder if he will fight Beelzebub, the Lord of flies, and shot down his uncountable number of fly minions.

Users who are viewing this thread