Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 5 Ch. 19.1 - The Swallow Gazes Into The Abyss

hate to break this to you but the way kojiro defines himself by how he overcame his losses is more American than anything else. Guy literally gained enough power and confidence to make a guy surrender. He didn't even need to rematch most guys later. he improved until winning was a 200% guarantee. Sorry Japan but you guys just don't appreciate how much of a great lesson failure can be like us Americans.

The God of the sea does nothing with the sea, despite the entire arena being filled with it? What was even the point? Also really no reason to bring up the fact that Kojiro didn't scratch the surface of Poseidon's ability for him to do just that seconds later somehow.

@Q-bone I noticed that, I feel that their relation to their attributes are connected to their physical ability in a metaphorical sense with Poseidon's assaults being compared to waves. As for him not using the sea, a possibility could be his arrogance, which makes sense given his character.

@Soccer1223 See I had thought similarly, but after reading up to and past the Jack fight, it became clear that Poseidon himself had to have personally requested the arena be filled with water. However, he used it in no way other than as an entrance, which doesn't really seem in his nature to be flashy from what we've seen of him. Even if he did underestimate Kojiro, he didn't really read as the type to hold back given that he killed a fellow god in one blow. Probably just reading too much into a battle manga I suppose.

Yo for those saying it’s nationalism or bias or whatever, who cares the plot is fire. Also it makes sense for a Japanese man to have more knowledge on Japanese heroes that western ones. Y’all too woke.

Now if you asked me again would win out if these two I would still go with Poseidon, His own ego got in his away

Aggregator gang
Alright I didn't expect this to end with Poseidon cut in fucking half lmao

lol everyone here in the comments arguing that first winner was a japanese one and here I am think of just how epic this fight was. Just enjoy it for what it is.

This is awesome, though I still think Adam was robbed of his win, this was a bad ass fight.

Dex-chan lover
THESE MATCHES FEEL LIKE AN HOUR AT LEAST AND YET THEY ARE ALL AROUND A FEW MINUTES

OH MY GOODNESS

Users who are viewing this thread