Record of Ragnarok

Fed-Kun's army
Great art and scenes but it's about half as bad as Gate in terms of JAPAN STRONK. I just ignore that since who the fuck knows cares who any of these historical people are outside of Japan. They may as well be made up.

*insert crying wojak here*

>NHOOOOOO NOT MY HECKIN JAPARINOOOOOOO THIS IS THEIR HECKIN COMIC YOU CAN'T CRITICIZE BLATANT CHAUVINISM NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU SHOULD JUST EAT WHATEVER THE NIPPONINO PUKE AT YOUR HECKIN FACE JUST LIKE ME!!! AAAAAAHHH

With the art quality it has, it should have never left a clean tournament frame and kept it to a fixed amount of chapters per battle. This attempt to give the gods deeper agency just ends up harming both the pacing and the Gods' characters. This is one rare case where a work benefits from having less] characterization, due to how all the characters are already extremely famous. The use of more Japanese figures could also have waited or featured in one of the spin-offs. Not because i mind the use of more Japanese in a Japanese manga, but because it would just have made the story more coherent.

@sastra What are you even talking about?

@Anish_Agarwal Actually, Shiva will win because the humans are currently in the lead. It would be idiotic story wise for them to win. There needs to be more drama.

Adam's fight was the best, by far. Didn't think I'd like him because he's not known as a legendary warrior, but the "made in the image of God" and father of humanity concepts actually worked wonderfully.

Heracles is bland as hell, not to mention having a backstory that's almost entirely fabricated without any relation to his actual legend. As a character he only shined in the end with his compassion. It would've been a lot better if he'd been more fleshed out with more inner conflict about fighting against humanity.

On the flip side, Jack the Ripper's character is actually interesting. He's evil and insane, but still a human, even if he's a broken one. I have mixed feelings about their fight, it could've been much better (mostly on the Heracles side).

Overall, it's decent and has some very epic moments. The theme of humanity as the underdog is done quite poorly though, as the gods are barely stronger than the human heroes. They fight mostly like a manga martial artist and when they pull some bullshit the humans counter by pulling bullshits of their own.

I haven’t seen this sentiment much, maybe cause she’s annoying as hell sometimes, but we’re all smart enough to know this is gonna end up going to 6-6 with a tiebreaker, so what I’m curious about is what Geir’s volund will be. 13 sisters for 13 battles after all.

Dex-chan lover
So... Does that artist makes hentai ? Cause Eve and Aphrodite be looking kinda good there...

@Cesare I share a lot of these sentiments, especially the one regarding Heracles. I predicted when he first appeared that him being a demigod would cause some inner conflict, but as we know now that was very much wrong. Making him a demigod and looked down upon because of it, then expand on how he dealt with such would've added a lot of depth to his character. Despite that, I did think he was pretty cool, mostly because of the compassionate aspect of his character, but Jack was the dude who I was rooting for in the end. I feel like the design aspect of the characters kinda compounds with them being restricted to traditional martial arts as some of them, mainly Zeus, don't really look the part and makes them feel like entirely different characters.

This is awesome, its like people who paid to win (Gods) fighting people who grinded their nuts off (humans).

Users who are viewing this thread