Record of Ragnarok

@CallMeWolf Ancient India, you realize modern borders are not the same right? Saying he's from India isn't entirely incorrect, this isn't exactly a documentary, author isn't gonna say "India, but born in what is now modern Nepal"

Fed-Kun's army
Some mistakes in the first LQ from pareogo have been corrected in the second LQ from le_demiurge. There are also some alternate interpetations of dialogue. You might want to wait until Inept Bastards come out with their scan to confirm:

Shivas wifes are now 1st, 2nd and 3rd wifes rather than 2nd, 3rd and 4th. This makes more sense.

In the original LQ translation from pareogo, Shiva asks if the ritual involves ginger. This is likely incorrect as sumo rituals never involve tossing ginger in the air. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvc0oAg4TXg

On page 10, in the first LQ, Shiva says "an unrivaled wrestler", in the second LQ from le_demiurge, Shiva says " So, the peer-less rikishi huh?". The second version makes more sense as it's more specific to Raiden since he is known as a rikishi rather than a wrestler. Even though he uses wrestling moves this chapter, he is still clearly regarded as a rikishi.

Page 11-14 offers slightly different interpertations of those lines, both kind of the same to me tho. Although, I like that the LQ version has a translator's note that defines what a "shijuhatte" is. And the second LQ version's use of the word ''eschewed" is unusual.

Page 21 specifies that Raiden uses a "Russian Hook" rather than just a right hook. This makes it more clear that it's supposed to be a wrestling move, like the drop kick, rather than a Japanese sumo move.

Page 25, calling Shiva's throw an "overhead toss" rather than "an irregular throw" makes more sense. What about this throw makes it irregular?

Page 31 specifies it's "gautama buddha" and not just "buddha". Not a big deal, and maybe the raw just says buddha. But I like that it mentions it's guatama buddha so it's more clear that its not the fat one. Fat buddha in Chinese philosophy is known as "Budai Luohan", a fat monk who was an earlier incarnation of "Gutama Buddha", the skinny one. https://theoracle.ca/whats-the-difference-between-the-fat-and-skinny-buddhas/

The bottom 3 panels in page 26, and page 35-36, are entirely different interpertations of the dialogue. Not sure which one is correct tho. I'll wait for the Inept Bastards scan to see which is more likely to be correct.

TLDR: Read the second LQ from le_demiurge

Aggregator gang
sati was shivas' first wife, after she sacrificed herself into a pit of fire during a ritual shiva became a mad, lone-wolf. Later, parvati, a reincarnation of sati marries him, but I guess they are 2 people after all. But durga and kali are just avatars of sati/parvati herself when she gets certain mood-swings, at least, that's what I have heard after going thru some Indian myths...

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe people are this surprised by the Gods acting like wimps. What makes someone a badass is the shit the world throws at him and how he overcomes it all, against all odds.

That's what makes Humanity's greatest warriors/underdogs such amazing characters.

Of course these guys living in the literal HEAVENS would be '''MOSTLY''' pussies.

Dex-chan lover
@DPCHaos plus the gods in the audience aren't really risking anything or have anything to lose in this competition other then their dignity and some embarrassment. Win or lose those gods in the audience will continue existing when this thing is concluded the human part of the audience can't say the same. The only gods whom the outcomes of these fights truly matter to are those actually competing in Ragnarok and their immediate families.... with the lone exception of the fans of well "that guy".

I hope this manga gets an English release eventually so I can get physical copies. An anime would also be incredible for this series.

Dex-chan lover
My god.
Taroukichi
is literally the Bugs & Shadow meme about being trapped in the time prison.

good question would Jesus fight for humanity or for the gods? most likely for the gods since Hercules was a mortal man that became a god sooooo Idk

Users who are viewing this thread