Record of Ragnarok

I Adore this. Like seriously, so good!

Sasaki Kojiro V Poseidon was the best arc by far imo

Suuuper excited to see oddballs like Simo Hayha and Rasputin fight, even more excited to see some weird interpretations of scarier, less familiar gods we havent seen yet

Calling it now, Tameemon is going down. But whoever is next, humans will win, setting the score 3-3

I'm really worried one side will win before we can see all of the competitors, and that will make me extremely, painfully, erotically sad and disappointed, even though i know its a best of 13 so at least one matchup will be cut out. I wanna see how they do Beelzebub the most, i hope lord of the flies is taken relatively literally, because terrifying demonic Fly God of the Damned would be sick as fuck

Dex-chan lover
Giant woman...
I'm sold. Humanity best win this one. They can't kill off my new waifu.

I understand it’s a japanese manga and the author probably has the most knowledge about eastern heroes but it just feels weird that like half of the representatives of HUMANITY are people we in the western world have heard very little about.
Edit: (it’s may just be my ignorance speaking idk)

@That_ylda, this manga was not made with the western demographic in mind btw. No reason to appeal to an audience that you aren't even really trying to write to.

Can we get this pic of Raiden without the text?
T34.png

Dex-chan lover
@That_ylda Other than the Japanese, wasn't most of humanity's champions pretty famous world-wide? Sasaki Kojirou is.... well, he's famous as Musashi's "rival" so people that know Musashi usually know him too.

can we talk a bout how the author just gave Raiden an impossible six pack?
kinda awesome but otherwordly

I think the japanese-centric cast was to be expected. 2 shinsengumi members however now that´s where i draw the line

well the manga itself is japanese so that was to be expect (and thanks for the chapter ^^)

Lol that Buddah, what? Also noticed Shiva's first wife is missing so she'll either be part of his Tragic Backstory or will show up late to give him encouragement (depending. I'm not as familiar with Indian mythology as I am others)

@Knockbag

Manga like this like to go down to the absolute wire and the mangaka wouldnt have taken effort of showing us who all the competitors were unless they were going to show them fighting at some point.
I'm willing to bet money that we will see every match and the final match will be a tie breaker. Manga like these like to keep it going as long as possible, which is why I'm pretty sure Shiva is going to win this match and Humanity will win the next one to give a solid 3-3 and keep the gods in their toes (my best guess is Loki might be the next God to fight)

I like how this manga just distills the entire Seinen genre right out of the gate. Fate of the universe is on the line, bastardizing foreign religions, JAPAN STRONK, and 100% pure TOURNAMENT ARC.

@Elinorcross: Shiva had two wives, with the three we see here all being three separate aspects/personalities of the same goddess (Parvati), so they're effectively all his second wife, though they can go with his second, third, and fourth if they like (that's all fine).

His first wife was Sati, who threw herself into the fires of Agni and committed suicide due to her father's abusive attitude toward her and her marriage to Shiva (for which she cursed him). Distraught, Shiva wandered the universe in mourning for many years, initially vowing to never marry again until eventually Parvati won him over, though in some traditions, Parvati is actually the reincarnate of Sati, making her in one way or another still the same wife, just in a different incarnation.

Dex-chan lover
Raiden likely gets a valkyrie fundoshi (The loin cloth)... Makes me wonder what's Rasputin gonna get for his valkyrie gear? His claims to fame are being nigh unkillable... and having a huge dong... so...

Users who are viewing this thread