Regarding Group Delays and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Are we certain it isn't just a troll? I don't doubt there are people unbalanced enough to make threats over free manga but there are usually just as many people looking to get a reaction.

Making Death threats over a picture book?

Oh no, my life isn't complete without reading a new chapter that I don't have to pay for leeching and crying like a little bitch, boo hoo, so I act that I have authority over the scanlators efforts that I never contribute because I'm more important no life ass.

Get Over Yourself

Dex-chan lover
Are we certain it isn't just a troll? I don't doubt there are people unbalanced enough to make threats over free manga but there are usually just as many people looking to get a reaction.
This.

Remember back then when the creators of DitF were getting death threats over that one Ichigo episode?

Lost Pause, an anituber, did some research and found no death threats over the internet. His conclusion was that someone started a rumour that death threats were sent and since it was so outreagous, everyone commented on how ridiculous it is, further spreading the false rumours.

As usual, the vocal minority making the collective look bad. Man-children making death threats over upload delays to other sites when they could easily just read it on the scanlator's site.

Dex-chan lover
How dare- fjfjdjfjfhhdjdjd!
Ungrateful fucking fucks should be painted at beiyang fleet's main deck! Dont take everything u all get for granted!

(Pardon my language)

Group Leader
@kn1000a
So you are saying if everyone doing scanlation just start to release their own version for a couple of popular manga, then that's a better state of the current situation? Let's wait until this whole community reduces down to people who only do manga they like. Admit it, there are A LOT of manga multiple groups want to do, but they refrain from doing so because there are already other groups working on them perfectly fine. I was in one, and it's not uncommon at all. If everyone thinks like you, we would have 5 versions of Solo Leveling a day, while other manga cease to be translated. That's what gonna happen if people stop caring about other groups. Did you think of that?
I said, if a group wants to do so, so be it. If it is for better or worse, that will depend on those groups quality or speed release and the results of their efforts. Maybe this will surprise you, but groups are already doing whatever they like. Do you think they need permission or consent of anyone to do what they're already doing? Every group that's doing what it's doing right now, it's doing it by their own will and whim, if they wanted to take the same project as other scanlation groups, there's nothing there to stop them. As for your dumb example, I'm totally ok with it, if the thousands of scanlations groups were to decide to drop what they're doing and only scanlate one piece, if that's what they want to do, so be it, I will do like them and do what I want, aka scanlating the shit I have been scanlating already.

competitions do bring better scanlation. But that should only happen when the main scanlation is shit. For example, https://mangadex.org/title/31551/a-returner-s-magic-should-be-special chapter 39. You can definitely make a case that it's free for all and competition brings better quality, but look at that chapter vs. the one Meraki released, which is better? Does that chapter really bring any expectation for Meraki to raise their standards?
The dude said he did it because he was bored, I don't think he was planning to do more releases nor replacing meraki, he did something on a whim and even explained it on his credit page but somehow, what he did was such an absolute shit move oh so mean to meraki and oh so bad he had to be flamed for it. Ridiculous. I checked both scans and I liked more the one from the other guy, it's more casual and relatable, the only problems come from typesetting which didn't look like it had that much effort put into it.

Try doing scanlation yourself to see how time consuming this shit is.
I'm already doing it, I'm also helping other groups with even more complicated shit, I know how much effort it takes because I clean, redraw and typeset myself (even sfx). I know how hard it is. I held this stance before scanlating, and even now as I scanlate... it remains unchanged.

Sad to say, but in this day, there are far too many people who are self-entitled, immature, and with serious ego problems (e.g Donald Trump).
Given all those smooth segways to bashing Trump that you've been leaving all over the place for at least eight past months, I guess it's safe to assume that he raped you at some point in your life?

Fed-Kun's army
I didn't mind delay, since i too lazy to check one by one whether manga i followed updated or not lol.

Shouldn't they just visit scanlator website if they really want faster update and by doing that also help scanlator.

I always wonder what these people are like in real life.
And when I do, I end up becoming both depressed and amused from any image of them that comes to the imagination.

@KebabRemover Well my friend, then let's put an end to this and say we have opposing opinions. Just like the old age question of speed vs quality scans, you don't like being restricted and just want to do what you want. I don't, whenever I do I have to think who is gonna benefit from this, myself or the readers. Personally, fighting over scans is a waste of time and if I see a series being scanlated already, I don't wanna touch it unless it is shit.

You should also quote the whole thing. I did say that based on a quality perspective, that guy's version wasn't near Meraki's. Again, I guess it is my opinions. I did said that the people pointing out Meraki owns the manhwa are not making the right calls, however the people hating on his quality is true, and I stand by to that. No matter if you're doing this because you're bored or because you want people to have a faster chapter, as readers we can criticize the quality of the service. You don't make a YouTube video and put it online, then expect people to praise it because it's free content for everyone despite being shit.

Anyway, bottomline is that I still see sniping as a waste of resources and since I care about quality, most of the time the alternative versions ended up shittier. Doesn't matter if the guy is bored or what, if it's shit and posted to public, I'll criticize it. A good example of this would be ThePaulBunyanTrophy, a scanlator I really respected. If you read https://mangadex.org/title/30333/shougakusei-ga-mama-demo-ii-desu-ka from the start, you will realize that at one point he was scanlating with Microsoft fucking Word. He only does it because "it's on a whim", and people criticized him a lot at the start. He turns out fine now, one of the decent names in scanlation imo.

Do we have a primary source on this?
It'd amaze me if someone did this over one chapter. One chapter is five minutes of your life tops.
Imagine if someone thought to do this as a piece of performance art or something; just to show people the most childish behavior possible.

Group Leader
It has recently come to staff’s attention that some scanlator groups have been receiving some very nasty emails and death threats due to group delays on MangaDex.

Imagine being such an entitled little twat irl that you threaten someone for not supplying you with your daily/weekly releases for free.

I understand how and why Batoto and mangadex came to be. Thus I understand these chapter delays reasonings and don't mind the slight inconveniences.

But really, wtf are those kids thinking giving (empty)death threats lol. Really, can they even do the thing they threaten they will do?

They should go back to those shitty manga sites and don't belong here at all. Sigh...

Typically just a reader, but this prompted me to make an account and post.

I'm disgusted by people who make death threats (or act abusive in general). The fact it's happening just because scanlators prefer to release on their sites prior is despicable (I generally prefer to read from a scanlator. Mangadex is fine for those wishing to remain siteless or for when I can't find a specific group).

Honestly, why do people have to act so childish? If scanlators didn't post anything, they would have nothing to read at all. The fact that people take time out of their days to translate and edit those pages (which is hard work) should be congratulated and celebrated, not treated like crap.

Dam kid nowadays be crazy for dat manga! Back in my day you had to sit in a boarders or Barnes and noble to get entertainment like this lol dang ungrateful kids

Dex-chan lover
Can't we have a proof or something for the said death threats? I can't believe someone is petty enough to send death threat over a bloody manga

More importantly is it really even worth taking death threats from otaku virgins seriously? They're more likely to kill themselves before they kill any scanalators.

@Batotopls Do we really need proof. People are pretty stupid to begin with. There are plenty of adults who would say this type of crap, and a few crazy enough to mean it (though, those people are pretty stupid and I doubt most are capable of acting on it less your name and address is posted on the website). I mean, you should see the type of dumb crap people get arrested for in America.

Taking this, combining it with the anonymity of the internet and the fact this site mostly attracts kids, death threats don't seem even remotely far fetched.
Man nearly stabbed to death after playing a PVP game.(what more, they released the crazy assailant after a mere 2yrs.)
US school shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread