Reincarnated as a Polar Bear: The Legend of How I Became a Forest Guardian

I feel like this started of as a decent fluff story but then soon devolved into Smut

@Miyuki they don't show anything though? Or do anything. Calling attraction smut seems a bit extreme, and I'm a super prudish person. This is a fairly tame series tbh. I generally drop any isekai that tries to be edgy and go that way, but this one hasn't. The writer is using the juxtaposition of the other worlds women being seemingly a lot more straight forward, combined with him being a bear creates a fish out of water story on multiple levels.

It's kind of meant to be jarring because we also look at it and wonder "the hell are these girls thinking?". It lends to the method of telling the story since kumakichi is our narrator. We can sympathize with his confusion to a degree.

Dex-chan lover
basically this is a manga with a ridiculous premise that makes it sound like isekai trash with an attempt at comedy that will obviously fail,
BUT the actual manga ends up being pretty brutal and badass, is it super deep and stuff? no. but its not just fluff, and its not just "im op trolololol i auto win everything" there will be some actual suspenseful fighting and close shaves

Weird to say, the isekai with the girl wearing the bear onesie is better than the isekai with an actual bear.

It has the most minimal isekai skeleton of saving a clutchful of loli animal girls from demise along with other damsels in distress, and yes he's relatively isekai-OP.

Where is the depth? Nowhere. LOL.

This is indeed isekai trash, but it's cute because it's a bear. Don't get me wrong, I love bears. But it's mediocre. I read a good chunk of it on another app and thought about reading it now but... I have better stuff to read, between manhua with actual arcs and depth, manhwa with unique plots, and tons more with cute art that still has more substance than ohboi imma bear.

Group Leader
There's a reason why it's considered inhumane to bring polar bears into warm climates. Their fur is extremely efficient at retaining heat. So much so they like to rub snow into it to cool down (and to clean and dry themselves).

https://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/how-polar-bears-keep-their-cool.php

on a side note, Polar Bears are blue, the hollow fur makes them look white.

The beginning was good but then it turned into another shitty ecchi harem manga.

Also why is it not tagged as such? Could somone please add the ecchi and harem tags?

First of all I'd say sorry for dropping this manga and for anyone who disagree with me. Desclaimer: I'm not hating this manga.

Well---I've been disgusted how the author turns this manga into adult. Perhaps it is also my fault and stupidity for trusting the tags. I thought this was one kind of manga that explores about how the bear helps the demihumans and makes the world a better place. But--- what I've got is indeed smut-loli-incest(?) content which isn't what I expected and wished for. I hope mangadex would fix the tags so that people who want to read light-heartwarming/family-adventure-isekai manga with fresh story line can be cautios. Thanks

And I forgot the most important thing, is he the ML pedophile?!

@moonwolf287
The beginning was good but then it turned into another shitty ecchi harem manga.

Also why is it not tagged as such? Could somone please add the ecchi and harem tags?

Banned
As stupid isekais go, this is pretty next-level stupid.
One notable character aside, this is basically just a polar bear in a forest environment with a bunch of lolis desperately craving bear-cock (and watching him shit in the woods). And the only thing stopping him going full pedobear is that at some level he wants to bone a busty erofu.
But the world is a monumental clusterfuck of poorly written shit by a writer that apparently doesn't know anything about anything, so there is very little consistency, realism, nor anything like that.

I'm honestly not sure if it has reached so-bad-its-good territory or just slipped past that to so-bad-its-awful... but it is a trainwreck of some sort either way.

Users who are viewing this thread