Reiwa no Dara-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 58

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2026
Messages
18
Since mecha have been around so long, I wonder if there is a set of metrics that analyze mecha to create a unified performance profile. I don't think it can account for generations of motors, suspension, or powerplants, but it should be able to measure theoretical mobility, flexibility, mass, defenses, and more.

I think Battletech may have something like this, but I'm not sure of the limits. Could you put a clan engine in a Thor, or does it require a special version like the Madcat \ Timberwolf?
The Thor already has a Clan Engine, it's a Clan 'Mech.
 
Active member
Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
17
It is so sweet how much Dara-san really cares for the kids despite not showing it so overtly. 🥹
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
1,627
The Thor already has a Clan Engine, it's a Clan 'Mech.
I was just trying to think of an ugly mech and assumed it was inner sphere. Been too damn long since I've interacted with that universe.

Went looking for an IS mech, and was surprised to see so many models I've never heard of in the games or books I've read before. Anyways, guess I should have used the Atlas, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clan version of that popular model.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
65
They technically DID get married though
They're definitely bonded together, and that bond is implied to function similarly to marriage. But if you want to argue that they're married in any way, I think "technically" is the least accurate. I think saying that they're practically married is true though.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 23, 2018
Messages
285
I was just trying to think of an ugly mech and assumed it was inner sphere. Been too damn long since I've interacted with that universe.

Went looking for an IS mech, and was surprised to see so many models I've never heard of in the games or books I've read before. Anyways, guess I should have used the Atlas, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clan version of that popular model.
If you want an ugly Inner Sphere mech along the lines of a Summoner, the Thunderbolt's got you.
Atlas is a bit messy because it is a Star League design and there are Clan variants.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
6,229
They're definitely bonded together, and that bond is implied to function similarly to marriage. But if you want to argue that they're married in any way, I think "technically" is the least accurate. I think saying that they're practically married is true though.
no I said technically because being married is precisely the wording used to define them in the manga.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
65
no I said technically because being married is precisely the wording used to define them in the manga.
Are you referring to Kenju's words in ch. 27? That is the assumption that I'm operating under, and it's why I'm saying they're not technically married. There was no ceremony, and no exchange of vows or dowry or anything like that. But their relationship is otherwise practically as if Jurota had Married (the feral god version of) Yamatagi Madara. That is how I understand it.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
6,229
Are you referring to Kenju's words in ch. 27? That is the assumption that I'm operating under, and it's why I'm saying they're not technically married. There was no ceremony, and no exchange of vows or dowry or anything like that. But their relationship is otherwise practically as if Jurota had Married (the feral god version of) Yamatagi Madara. That is how I understand it.
Yup those words, they are technically married just like all the villagers who participated in the ritual are technically Jurota's family.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Messages
251
Looks to be the Gouf, given the role of the Gelgoog with the naming scheme of the Dom/Rick Dom. The Gouf looks like a Zaku, premiered early in the series with ace pilot Ramba Ral (who was knightly) and the fight is considered one of the best of early Gundam.

I can imagine the Ace Pilot shouting the line "This is not just any Ghoul, my friend."
nah you're right. i saw the "introduced in vol 2" and somehow translated it in my head to "near the end of the series", with the first gelgoog we ever see being char's before they were mass produced
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
65
Yup those words, they are technically married just like all the villagers who participated in the ritual are technically Jurota's family.
Ah ok I think we just disagree on what the word "technically" means then. Just one clarifying question then, if you dont mind. Would you say that the villagers participating in the branching black pearl technique are technically Jurota's family?
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
6,229
Ah ok I think we just disagree on what the word "technically" means then. Just one clarifying question then, if you dont mind. Would you say that the villagers participating in the branching black pearl technique are technically Jurota's family?
That's exactly what I said isn't it? Yes they're technically his family.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top