Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni naru zo - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

I like this story it's so cool... I always love a heroine who can use a sword ^^ (plus she's so adorable!!)

Dex-chan lover
Fully grown women not Having the same brain as their mental age trope in this kind of story is kinda annoying

I always like the stories where adults reincarnate into villainesses in other worlds and have to go through the whole childhood thing, but let's be real.

The MC is a reincarnated high school girl. There is no way she has the mental acumen to talk politics on this sort of a level, if at all.

Dex-chan lover
@bobacorgi What sort of level? There was no level worth mentioning present at this point. If the king had asked her for a concrete plan on how to proceed to incite a successful revolt in Calverra without getting caught, and then how to maximise Duelkis's inluence in there afterwards, whilst appearing benevolent to all parties at the same time, then we would be talking about the need for a mental acumen. Anyone can say what she said, without actually having a single clue about how to pull it off or even just how to begin to do it. What was measured here, by the king, was her attitude more than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
@bobacorgi I agree with you, many manga pictured isekai'ed Japanese person as very competent in almost all aspect, made me wonder on what level Japan general education actually are.

@Kaarme level as in education level, even in earth not all person are well versed in politic, not to mention how to conquer another country.

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally What sort of educatiom teaches you how to conquer another country? Generally speaking no single person would even need to know it because it's a massive undertaking with many dimensions, and thus equally many experts of different fields would be needed to handle it all. Alicia most certainly wouldn't know. Like I already said, what she told to the king is nothing more or nothing less than what you read in the chapter. Let's <somehow> make a province of another nation to rebel, <somehow> keeping our efforts invisible, and then <somehow> make sure the newly established independent country is very grateful for our help and willing to pay back in exclusive trade deals. Anyone can utter such a line, even an elementary schooler could just repeat such a line from some book they read, but the real issue is what's behind those somehows. Like I said^2, it's a measure of attitude, nothing else. Of course education can and will massively affect a person's attitude. Impossibilities become possibilities the more you know, although the same is also true for the opposite.

The king wanted to see how the (in)famous girl would react to such a question, whether she would give an answer that makes sense, and what sort of an answer it is, inherently. If it had been some holier than thou answer about simply redistributing wealth between social classes, the king would have judged Alicia much more immature. However, she gave an answer that fits the ways of an absolute monarchy, won't cause internal strife, and in general is fitting for uncaring realpolitik, that is, fitting for a ruler.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme hypothetical answer I understand, but I wonder are grade schooler really can answer such questions? Are grade schooler really read a book about their own country political & economic climate? Unreal.. Because her answer at last need a basic knowledge about both.

As I stated in my last comment, many manga pictured isekai'ed Japanese person as very competent in almost all aspect, basically become a genius even when they are just a normal person in Earth. But, well even when I know how absurd it is, I still read this and love this so I usually just enjoy it and laugh it off.

Oh yeah and note this: in this type of manga, her 'somehow' usually become real, so you cant even considered it hypothetical.

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally I merely mentioned an elementary schooler as an example of being capable of saying such a line if it's copied from a source. Most elementary school age kids, obviously, couldn't give a stern looking king any sort of coherent answer.

There are some isekai MCs who are very competent and some who really aren't (those who can rely solely on cheat skills/abilities). Personally I like those who are competent and wise, especially those who have a reason to be such. If their circumstances were peculiar back in the original world, it might justify having lots of skills and knowledge. That being said, this applies foremost to people who died/reincarnated when they were already adults, even if young adults. I don't know that much about the Japanese education system, other than that it fails at teaching English and history. Maybe it's better with science, seeing how Japan has done so well in electronics.

I don't mind it becoming real, as long as smart people are the ones doing it. If the MC somehow single-handedly does it, it's going to be hilarious.

manga is just a sight for the readers of the novel because damn.....so many things were skipped....these 2 chapters form the manga are like....at least 40 chapters in the novel

...Aaaand she’s an airhead. 🙄 why would you think the king is assessing you for villainy? And why were a,, the guys gathered there to watch her talk to the king?

Also, most of the stuff she said wouldn’t be written in a book. Damn this is lazy writing.

What the fuck was this? Remarkable how you can shit the bed so hard in just one chapter. Lampshading how stupid the premise of this chapter was doesn't make it better author. Also, what does "becoming the villainess" even mean for her? On one page she expects to be hated and exiled. On another she provides obvious setup for cheesy romance and becoming the ruler of the kingdom. Exploiting people because "I want to be the villainess"? But then again sprinkled with hints of noblesse oblige because MC is obviously is not really evil. What the hell is this supposed to be? God damn is this chapter bad and not even in a funny way.

Did i miss something here or the king came to an 8yr old random girl with no merits to ask for advice ?

Users who are viewing this thread