Remarried Empress - Ch. 44

@Flynnigan It was on word excerpt before but got taken down not too long ago. I think it's reuploaded on novelfull or one of those other sites, but I can't guarantee the quality or the safety of the sites, just try searching the title + "Webnovel" though it's not fully translated.

@clop4clip
It was her original baby daddy's child if I recall correctly (sorry it's been a bit since I read.) More detailed spoilers:
Rashta was a slave of the Rotechsuhushuh's (God trying to spell some of these names...) family, the guy who is blackmailing her with her child in the webtoon is the grandfather of her child. Her master's son (Allen I think?) and her knocked boots, had a child, but the child was taken away and she was told it died. I don't recall if the details were really gone over, but she still sleeps with baby daddy/Allen but suddenly decides to run away, and tries to ask Allen to come with her but he doesn't. She's already pregnant with child #2 at this point and is 'saved' by The imperial dumpster (Mistyped that as DUMBster but that actually seems more accurate), Sovieshu after stepping in one of the emperor's hunting traps.

@chonkury I MIGHT be wrong because it's been a hot minute since I read it but I don't think that's correct (or at least not at first) because as far as I remember
Even Rashta wasn't fully aware that she was pregnant at the time and that's why she insists it must be Sovieshus, she honestly thinks it is because she didn't sleep with Allen after she met the emperor (not realizing she was already very early in pregnancy when they met.)
I think how it went down was
She gives birth, it looks A LOT like Rashta, but not particularly like the emperor. Rumors star spreading that mayyybe it's not his? So he starts getting nervous. People are pushing for the baby to be tested (because they have a priest paternity test that's not 100% accurate, so it was temporarily banned which is a whole long plotline, but people start insisting it be used again) and that's when he starts to realize it's probably not his but he keeps insisting he doesn't want to do the test so he can delusionally believe it is his and live in denial. Eventually they DO get the test done and...
It's not his. He gets REALLY upset about it when it's finally revealed, and that's the start of Trashta's downfall, which is why I don't think he truly know, he had an inkling but wasn't 100% sure until that point.

@littlegrey Thanks for all those details, there's a lot for me to look forward to.
I can't wait to see Sovieshu's face when he finds out. It's a wonder he didn't dispute the results if the test isn't 100% accurate, though.

Dex-chan lover
I can cut Rashta some slack because she's an uneducated former slave in a difficult position, but she really does keep making things more difficult for herself by antagonizing the Empress and conspiring with her former master.

@chonkury
The only reason it wasn't 100% accurate the first time was I think because the two potential fathers were twins (I believe they were twins, if not they were very close brothers.)

And trust me it gets REALLY satisfying. If you want more spoilers about it:
After the baby is proven not to be his, Rashta throws a fit insisting she's being framed, someone must have messed with the test, that someone must have not actually drawn blood (or not enough or something?) from the baby (which REALLY pisses off Sovieshu because even though it's not his baby, he still had feelings for the poor thing who bawling this whole time from the pain and shock of blood being drawn.) He's so mad and embarrassed that he doesn't even deny the test's accuracy.

So even though the baby is miserable Rashta insists on redoing the test. Fine, we'll oblige. But we have as special guest for this redo! Sovieshu actually drags baby daddy out a la maury, and Rashta refuses to have the test done with him, she only wants it done with Sovieshu. Nope, no more playing Trashta. Knights hold down baby daddy and Rashta and test the baby against him. Surprise surprise, this test backs up the last one, Sovieshu is NOT THE FATHER. I imagine rashta looks like this the whole time:
6ryqVhX.gif

From then it's just a downward spiral for Rashta and Sovieshu of karma. (Thought at times I do almost feel bad for the antagonists but rereading the precursor to it all reminds me they deserve most of it.)

@littlegrey Wow, that's a lot. I don't really mind the spoilers, I kinda need the extra boost to get past how bad things are for Navier right now and how slow the pacing of the story is.
I'm expecting to feel bad for Sovieshu and Rashta as well, though Rashta's kid seems to suffer the most; I'm hoping that the baby and her other kid will at least be taken care of, regardless of their mother's shenanigans.

Group Leader
Thank you, I've been looking forward to it. One of my favorite manhwas! 🤩

@QueenLuz Often times in writing, they make a character refer to themselves in the third-person to imply naivetivity or immaturity. Like how little kids in anime sometimes do, or like the dumb but friendly giant trope. Or in the rare case of extreme ego, like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson constantly calling himself The Rock in wrestling LOL.

@littlegrey
Do you know if Navier ever becomes able to have a child (with Heinley perhaps)? I remember someone told me she became infertile because of Sovieshu, somehow, and that he uses this as grounds for the divorce. I'm hoping magic or miracles comes into play here, since Heinley can morph into a bird and whatnot.

Group Leader
@magicaldandruff [WARNING, REALLY BIG SPOILER]
Actually, it turns out that Sovieshu is the one who is infertile since he and Navier ate the abortion pill-laced cookies, so Navier is actually fertile, Trashoe was just blaming the wrong person.

@magicaldandruff I have the answer but I don't know how much you want spoiled.
Simply: Yes she is actually capable of having children. The whole infertility thing was THOUGHT to be true but is actually revealed to be false at a later point due to assumptions that were made. Ending spoilers for if she ever does have kids:
She and and Heinley not only have a child, they have TWINS, a boy and a girl. They're born prematurely but are ultimately healthy and happy, but unfortunately DUN DUN DUN... their parents gave them some pretty stupid names (or at least they were in the translation I read.) So yes, kids and a happy love filled family.

I can't exactly remember what the names were, but I'm pretty sure they named the girl something that sounded like Larry or something like that, I'd have to guess that the author doesn't have the BEST grasp on Western style names 😂 Otherwise happily ever after for OTP once we get over some major drama, rocky roads, and karmic retribution on the antagonists. It's a long arduous road, but we'll get our golden sunset, just bear with it for now.

Edit: Though I will say this, I believe this work is STILL in progress and most of the translations have been taken down, so who knows what'll be added/what's changed since I read some translations and skimmed through sources.

I agree with the points you've made at the end of the chapter. And I approve of and love the new first page! *With great mustache comes great trashability, indeed* ! 🚽🗑👨💩

I really hope everyone isn't like "Oh My God She Gave A Baby A Knife!!" and actually think about what the knife could symbolize (being strong enough to protect things maybe?).

@certainlycitrus nah man Empress chan gonna give her a good one

Navier says to Trashta that "she hopes that the baby will become like this sword", but as common sense between those aware of swordsmanship/blacksmithing, an extremely decorative sword is practically useless and is only there for display

Users who are viewing this thread