Remarried Empress - Ch. 45

@chonkury
I agree w you I didn’t add it to my post bc I don’t want to drone but I also took note of how overly jealous he is. It’s interesting to see how he lets rashta hang around shady men alone, to her pleasure, but will flip his shit when Navier is doing diplomatic business or just hanging out. That’s really why I think Rashta is just a ploy to spite Navier, and he really doesn’t give a shit about rashta. And I also really wish the whole divorce thing would start up as well, Navier deserves better than an immature husband and his mistress

So...I went and read the novel, which does not seem to be completed yet💀...I now have a whole bunch of spoilers.
However, I will be generous and limit them only to the most pressing matter:
The divorce part will take forever to come, first everyone will have to deal with a whole bunch of shenanigans. Like it says "a few months", but it's more like a year...and, extremely frustrating. /spoiler]

Fed-Kun's army
@Lunarcountessa @chonkury

agree. :)) if i had to sum it up, he objectifies navier which explains his jealousy. hes so possessive of navier but doesnt give a shit about her feelings when navier is obedient and "his"
kinda the same idea of players who dont care about ur hurt but when they suddenly lose power over you and u try to leave them, they start actin up

I should have said this when it first appeared. It cracks me up every time I see that mustache on Sovieshu in the top credits.

Wow! She roasted trasha with such class and elegance,that’s amazing♡ i stan our ”queen” and i’ m sooooooooo looking forward to this divorce and to sovieshit’s face when she will announce HER marriage🤗💖💝👏

He dared saying "is it hard to bless one more" like it is going to be the last one and then she will be done being an Empress.
"You are the woman of 'honor' today", what honor. 😂
also that savagery from the Empress and the meme at the end are just.👌💯

@KenOne Soooo trueee!! At this point I can take Trashta's sh*t, but her asking for blessings & gifts from the unproblematic & patient Empress is just too much over the top. Like shut up and sit down ughhhh

And love the meme lmao, thx for the chapter! <3

I feel like we should appreciate the art a little bit more! The spider lilies in the background on one of the panels was an amazing detail. I have a lot of respect for the artist on their effort for each chapter.

I love watching her in humility 😍😍😍 makes me tingle. Girl u look and sound ✨d u m b✨

uuuuuhhhggg i don't like Rashta but I do really feel for her in these moments. Stories that involve slavery always irk me a bit — especially when none of the characters oppose it. Rashta's background is very traumatic and it must be very frightening to not only have to deal with the man who used to literally OWN her, who's blackmailing her, but now have to deal with her rapist as well. I wish she was written differently because so far this story isn't making much of an effort to condemn slavery. The one character who's freed herself from it is insufferable to deal with and everyone treats her like shit (even tho she deserves it but like that is also my point ???) I think I have written too much but I think I will stop reading for now and see where things end up when it finishes.

@miercoles I think the only thing that stops me from pitying her fully is that she never takes any steps to actually be prepared to take the role of empress. She wants to be empress but wants to do none of the work. While that's understandable, it's incredibly selfish of her to not even try to learn how to read/understand the country's politics/learn etiquette and want to be empress and just spend money and receive gifts all day, considering how busy Navier is...

I highly recommend reading the translated novel, you'll find it if you google it. If you wait for the manhwa to finish you will be waiting a long, long time lol.

@miercoles I agree. Rashta is not a good person but has she ever seen one? Did she grow up knowing her parents at all? No one in her life seems to have taken her feelings into account so why would she spend any effort trying to understand others, or even realize it's someone a person is even capable of doing? I don't like her, partly for spoilers reasons, but I also can't hate her the way I utterly despise Sovieshu. He is deliberately keeping Rashta mostly uneducated for his own ego, and leaving her to fumble around the palace politics and society on her own. It's like everyone expects Rashta to stay quietly in her suite of rooms like an expensive slave with perks. But she's desperately trying to be a free person with no idea of what a free person is or how society at large expects a free person to limit themselves in the name of tact. And Sovieshu has put Rashta in a position where absolutely no one wants to help her learn, except that one Baron/secretary. Most of the people around her seem to actively want to make it harder for her.

Rashta is trying to copy Navier, so she is working at getting better, but Sovieshu is deliberately not telling her things (like the sword) and Duke Elgy is giving her very mixed advice, and her maids aren't loyal for various reasons, and Rashta has little frame of reference for who is giving her good advice yet. I think based on the context she's a somewhat realistic character (while still being annoying as An Antagonist).

@Ronin40k

Rashta is trying to copy Navier but she doesn't put the effort to understand why Navier acts the way she does.
And I think that's why nobody pitys her.

She's a victim, that's undeniable, but she acts as though everyone now owes her stuff and like everyone else is responsible, except for her, because she is the victim.

So her copying Navier is akin to a mirror, there's nothing behind it, and just like a mirror it's fragile and easily breakable and in the end the image will only end up becoming distorted and ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread