Remarried Empress - Ch. 50

Dex-chan lover
The divorce finally starts... Even though the emperor said he was in the works for the divorce since like ch. 10 which was why Trashta learned how to write in the first place.... Whatever happened to that plot line?

Or maybe I'm misremembering things...

@cottonkey
You took the words right out of my mouth. Rashta’s characterization doesn’t fit with her background at all. And like you said I struggle to hate her due to the fact she was a slave, and how it seems she’s constantly victimized by people with power over her. She lacks true agency except for a few scenes and it gets on my nerves. People play her like a fiddle and I’d rather see her be cunning on her own. I honestly wish she was a disgraced noble or commoner instead.

ahhh i get it now....the duke is friends with heinry, so his true job is making a situation for navier and sovishit to separate 👀 i love it

the typesetting was fine, I just didn't get why you put a translator note instead of just adjusting the thought bubble. If you thought it wasn't clear who "you" referred to, why not just make the dialogue "That's what Roteschu said?" and make it clear there? The note feels unnecessary when you could do that

Dex-chan lover
@Shepherd_4
It's not quite that simple.
He's technically working to break up the marriage, but it's more because he wants instability in the eastern empire, which is militarily on par with his homeland and the western empire, so if a war broke out a combined force of the 2 would win, but it would severely weaken both armies and cause massive slaughter and chaos of civilians, so the best scenario is to either end military issues (not really possible for a few reasons) or weaken the kingdom(this doesn't always mean conquest btw, as it also means trade route control and the opposing nation's mistreatments).
The duke is looking at this pragmatically, navier is far more a better regent than sovietshoe and rashta couldn't lead a parade much less a country, so finding a way to remove her from the empress position while not resorting to violence which would definitely lead to war is in his best interest, while also not pissing off henley who is fond of navier, basically the true power of the royal family is mostly behind navier who keeps things stable between the aristocracy, royalty and commoners as well as handles governmental affairs better, all of this leads to much bigger spoilers so i'll stop explaining this here.

Thank you so much for your efforts into the translation! However I have a question... the manhwa is legally available in Webtoons app and has almost caught up (chapter 48 is available with coins rn and will be free in 15 days). Updating twice a week, it is really catching up quickly, and reading through the app will also support the author... I’ve seen other scans drop translating once Webtoons pick them up (especially as they don’t paywall their chapters permanently)... is there a reason you are persisting with The Remarried Empress?

so the prince guy asked for this dude to make this bitch empress so he can have the good empress for him self...
this bitch does not know how do shit... the empress do jobs and political shit... this empire is done.

the woman that will be the empress does not know how to write kkkkkk, how the fuck she is going to do the empress job.
this empire is fucked.

So, that was Heinlei's plan? He used Ergy to be the mastermind behind the divorce so he can get Navier for himself? :)

@Shiawase_rina Agreed.
Something that bothers me with the whole slave thing is that so far it hasn't really mattered, plot wise. Like you could've exchanged that background for one of a very low-status servant and it would've been the same - her running away from slavery could've simply been her running from a working contract. (The whole "hide that she's slave" is just kinda superfluous since the old Master still has a hook on her what with her child being there)

Even if we see Rashta's slave background as the author trying to make Rashta more sympathetic, since it barely affects the plot or world building it ends up feeling like a somewhat shallow addition (to me). All the sad background story in the world isn't going to help when the character themself act kinda shitty. Which Rashta does -  her main trait seems to be "entitled", with greedy and naive/stupid as follow ups. So far we haven't really seen any good character traits at all??
The other perspective - and this is where I'm getting the pro-slavery vibe - is that the author really wants to drive in how "bad" Rasha is by making her as low class as possible, literally the lowest of low, and that's just.. Yikes

In my opinion Navier will marry new king, Trashta will be new empress, empire goes down in flames and Western will annex them :)

I keep waiting for more details about the abortion pills, though maybe I missed something in a previous chapter. Did Rashta immediately know she'd taken abortion pills -- maybe because she's taken them before and knows what the effects are like? Did she describe her symptoms to a maid, maybe the court physician, and was told afterwards that abortion pills caused them? I'd assumed at first that she'd taken something that would induce similar symptoms on purpose to get back at Navier, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

@hakunoyuuki Rashta seems to be the only slave character shown, as far as I can tell, and that doesn't help. Her being a slave means that there's an existing industry based on the acquisition and sale of slaves (and people making money through it), which also doesn't appear; there's a lot of context missing, and if it's not going to be brought up at all it seems strange to have it there in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread