Remarried Empress - Ch. 50

@Aurantix I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I think people forget that no amount of trauma in ones life is an excuse to ruin the lives of others or put your life above others, it can explain actions but it doesn't excuse them.
This is why I think you can learn to understand Rashta but I don't think it's possible to like her unless you excuse everything she has done and is doing - which to me is not possible. One who tries to obtain their own happiness and comfort at the expense of others just doesn't deserve what they gain.

@Sekoiea im crossing fingers IXNWGDIRN bc its kinda unlikely for a "friend" of prince heinley to scheme with the other side. but then again, i can't imagine prince heinley plotting all this stuff considering that hes been moping about not being able to have navier as his empress/queen

Dex-chan lover
alright just waiting for the scene of the first chappy (if im bot mistaken) where navier divorce sovieteshit to go with best guy
(hoping they wont have an affair (i mean navier and best guy forgot his name) and will only be lovey dovey with each other after getting married tho... lets not become like the one we loath aka sovietshit and trashta)
thx for the chappy~

@De_Blois

Exactly!

Her character is unlikeable because in all of her suffering, she is callous and indifferent to the fact that other people can suffer too, in fact she revels in watching the perceived despair of others.
She has no empathy and demands empathy from others.
She's willfully ignorant and maliciously hiding behind her ignorance.

Personally, I'm not nice enough to be forgiving towards this kind of character, no matter how terrible her back story. Especially since she is putting 0 effort into becoming a better person, but persists on this kind of victim mindset.

I would love a version of this were rashta is a good guy is rescued by the king instead of being a concubine or by navier and becomes her maid or smthing and it ends up dealing with the problem of slavery in the kingdom.
This part is just to make it more similar to this story but the king falling for good rashta and navier being okay with it since rashta is nice and the other guy getting together with navier and king also accepting it and having the 2 kingdoms be allies do to the friendship of their royals would be super mega cool

@ rinkha
Navier and Heinley won’t be lovey dovey for a while after marriage, I didn’t finish the novel but Navier definitely doesn’t love him at that point

Did u guys notice that when trashta said "i hate the empress" she wasn't talking in 3rd person...

@Aurantix hit the nail on the head there. doesn't help that she seems almost adamant about digging herself deeper in holes

I don't hate Rashta but I really don't like her (and not because I love Navier). Honestly, I find it pretty amusing that people are commenting how they dislike her for causing suffering here and there and how she should be more considerate or "good". Guess what, she was a damn slave...so I fully support her screwing over alot of people because no one actually ever gave a damn about her as a slave. And, I honestly would like her if she was actually intentionally scheming instead of being used left and right with no real agency of her own.

However, some of her characterization just comes off as stupid for someone that was a slave (especially one that had enough spine to actually run away). I feel like the author gave her that background to make her a sympathetic villainess, but ultimately fails hard. She comes off infantile
(god, I hate how she speaks in 3rd person) and sheltered in a way that makes me question how she could have ever decided to run away. God, even the way she behaves with Navier doesn't come off as former slave but a sheltered/naive commoner/servant who has no understanding of heirarchy (and as a former slave, she should be aware enough of social heirarchy even if she doesn't know all the rules and etiquette that it entails...probably conditioned to tread lightly else suffer the consequences).

Hell, her "relationship" with her previous master and having his kid should be horrifying as hell because guess what....she was a slave and thus couldn't have truly and fully consented. But the story kinda glosses it over and doesn't really make the reader see it for the horrifying situation that it is (the narrative shows that her master apparently did "care" even if he was a coward....he isn't old or ugly. Imagine if her master looked like jabba the hutt and didn't give a damn about her but had no problem forcing himself on her).

Honestly, I would even accept her personality if she showed that it was just a mask for a very cunning and ruthless former slave who realizes how precarious her situation is and knows she needs to act a specifc way to garner sympathy. But no, she is essentially a plot device used to show how shitty the emperor is (and god he is...I genuinely detest that asshole).

I genuinely feel Rashta would have made a great character but she is just so...ugh. It also would have been hilarious if she schemed enough to screw over the emperor intentionally. Hah a story where both the ex-wife and former concubine drag the emperor over coals.

I agree @CottonKey Rashta just doesn't want to go back to being a slave, but I don't understand how she suddenly hates the empress after Navier wasn't as nice as she expected (if someone stole your husband would you be nice to them?). Also it would be funny if both Navier and Rashta worked together towards the emperor's demise then both lived happy lives.

so is the duke supposedly helping the prince??? I've been wondering why he seems so suspicious and whatnot when he's friends with the prince....

Dex-chan lover
Seems so. Duke is helping destroy Navier's marriage with sovieshu...😮

Users who are viewing this thread