Remarried Empress - Ch. 51

When Rashta becomes Empress, the Emperor won't love her any more than he loves Navier now. I hope Rashta is ready to die on the hill she's climbing

Dex-chan lover
@Aurantix
I mean, in the very beginning she tried to get the Empress on her side, the only way a former slave who has no education or court training knew how, after being told that it's normal for an Emperor to have concubines. It seems that her biggest mistakes thus far happened after listening to the advice of people like Duke Elgy and Viscount Roteschu. But yes, there's a lot of little, yet very foolish, things she's done on her own too.

Is it just me that's getting worn down by this story? The mc has not had a single good thing happen to her so far in this story, and her only potential love interest is some other schemer in a far away land. The best guy she met so far accidentally f'ed himself by drinking the potion he made and had to exit the story. It doesn't feel good reading about someone getting manhandled for 50 chapters, and who knows how long its going to be b4 she gets released from that situation...

I cant wait to see Sovieshu's face when he sees he cant keep Navier.
Sovieshu thinks Navier is infertile so he plans to make Rashta the empress for a year (to make Rashta's child his heir) after he divorces with Navier nad after one year marry her and make her empress again. He thinks she wont remarry because of her pride but bang she marries Heinley
Oh also
Navier is not infertile afaik but Sovieshu is. So it isnt his child to begin with POG that scum had it coming

@TheIndicator I get what you are trying to say
It seems like the story isn't progressing really, all the originale mc's are doing is literally nothing and just waiting for trasha to come up with a plan so the real story can begin.
And although I was at first happy that this whole backstory wasn't hastly explained and then jumped right into action but if this is how it is going I kind of would prefer the other way...

Dex-chan lover
ow! my! gosh! @SumukluSupurge sama ur spoilers were a bit too like uhm spoiling (dont have a word to describe^^;) but they made my day!!!! i was about to nag about the shitty duke and say how i wanted him to just fry in hell the worst way possible but im now looking forward to the moment u spoke of more than anything else!!!!
may this outcome not be delayed.

Ergy is definitely playing Rashta. I’m sure he’s doing this with Henley to make the divorce happen sooner than later. I know this is a build-up to the downfall of Rashta and Sovieshu which will be deliciously sweet but I wish I don’t have to wait so long lol.

Supporter
I always thought that noble helping rashta was low-key trying to sabotage her?

Dex-chan lover
I don't really trust Ergy and I'm just disgusted that Sovieshu just kinda wanna keep Rashta dumb and cute like wtf dude

Sovieshit be like: I like how young children act, please keep her stupid

Rashta will still be stupid even with etiquette lessons lmaoooo you don’t need to worry

@aDaikon Exactly! I thought the same way too when I saw they were going to flesh out the background, but it seems as if they're going out of their way to make the bad characters seem horrible instead of actually progressing the story. I just hope the story doesn't end abruptly after she gets divorced.

thank you as always for the translation! you guys do great work keeping it readable and engaging. I do wish that the T/N notes were kept to the end though, it takes me out of the story when I see the commentary ragging on the characters

wait, does Heinry know about his friend's scheming? I can't tell. I hope he doesn't. If he does it makes it hard to root for him, even though he would at least try and make Navier happy.

I wish that diplomat guy with the silver hair was more of an option for a love interest. I was rereading his chapters and even though it was a love potion, they were sort of funny together. They would be such an intimidating couple lol. Either way I hope they stay friends.

but that being said, if Heinry doesn't know about ergy's scheming then he is the ideal guy for her since then she could still be empress.

Also also, man, Rashta can't catch a break lol. I bet once she become more educated the emperor will be like "now you remind me of my wife, gross."

So I read ahead in the novel although Im still far from finishing it and Duke Ergi is still as mysterious as ever lol but at some point
it was partially revealed that although our two hotties (Heinley and Ergi) are partners in crime in trying to weaken the eastern empire and have the same goal, they don't actually interfere with each other's way of doing things nor does Heinley order Ergi around or tell him what to do, they just share information. And I guess Ergi works in a way not to antagonize Heinley too esp after the later fell in love with Navier and that seems to have complicated things a bit. Ergi seems to have his own personal agenda too hmm.
Everyone in a hurry to see the divorce scene (and I am too) but Im really enjoying what's happening in between

some unsolicited thoughts about why Rashta is not Trashta:

Rashta is using the only methods she has available to her in a patriarchal and feudal society even more fucked up than our own to claw her way out of a shitty and abusive situation— and she's doing it with great skill tbqh. Even though she's the antagonist to Navier I literally cannot blame her for anything she's done so far.

Navier and Rashta are both in situations where no matter what they do they cannot truly win. If Navier asserts her dignity as the empress, it makes her look like a petty bully, and makes Sovieshu hate her even more, which undermines her social standing and authority. If Navier stands back & lets Sovieshu parade Rashta around high society, it undermines her dignity and power as the one and only empress, and (again) she loses social standing and authority. The only way for her to win is to exit the game— which eventually we know she does, by taking advantage of Sovieshu's decision to divorce her (she can't even divorce him on her OWN initiative, she has to wait for him to pull the trigger!) and attaching herself to yet another powerful man in a competing empire. Of course we know that Heinley worships the ground she walks on and will treat her right, but still, this sucks.

For Rashta it's even worse: if she stays in Navier's shadow as Sovieshu's mistress, her position is only tenable as long as Sovieshu is in love with her and doesn't get bored of her and discard her, plus she's constantly under threat from Navier & her sympathizers (we readers know Navier probably wouldn't outright try to have Rashta murdered, but Rashta doesn't know that). If Rashta tries to leverage her pregnancy and climb the ladder of legitimacy and gather supporters of her own and push to be made empress herself, she becomes MORE of a threat to Navier and the aristocratic faction and MORE likely to be murdered in the short term— but if she succeeds, she'll be much less vulnerable to being thrown out simply because Sovieshu lost sexual interest in her. And if she gets tossed out it doesn't just mean no more fancy dresses and jewels and party time with the emperor. It almost certainly means a return to slavery and sexual abuse and coercive pregnancy, forever.

Of course we know Sovieshu likes 'em young and dumb, so even if— BIG "if" at this point in time in the story— Rashta succeeds in becoming empress, she's just setting herself up to be in Navier's shoes next time Sovieshu finds some sadder, prettier, younger girl to lavish his attention on, and the cycle will repeat, and probably Rashta won't miraculously find a much better prince from some other empire to marry instead, but even if she does, the end result is that neither of these women are actually ever free to make decisions about how to lead their own lives independently.

Sovieshu is a trash misogynist even by the standards of the world in the story, I hope he dies lonely, the end, thank you for coming to my TED talk

Dex-chan lover
Why is the empress outside all alone, there's no guards or entourage. Even though it is the castle all kinds of people are there it can't be safe to let her walk around without any security

Thank you for quality translations and all that throughout this series’s it makes reading this even more enjoyable!
Someone said they didn’t like the notes during the story but I really like them. That’s honestly my favorite part of fan translation.
I wonder if by the time navier gets divorced will trashta even match up in anyway to her. I saw somewhere that the divorce may happen around Chapter 60 and I really don’t think 9 chapter are enough for her to learn even half of what she needs

@enemieseverywhere
Trashy Gold diggers are trashy
Yes she's doing the best she can, but she's still trashy

She also had some other child that she's hiding

Navier meanwhile, did nothing wrong

Sovieshu, however, is the real scum of the earth. A petulant and pampered child who wants the cake (a competent empress who loves him) and eat it too (a ditzy bimbo like trashta that's entertaining and cute - to feed his own ego).

Users who are viewing this thread