Remarried Empress - Ch. 60

I feel so bad for the emperor's men LMAO
They're just trying to do their jobs and doing their best for the empire but the emperor is just acting so SO stupid

TANGINA DIS IS ET MAGPAPAPIYESTA AKO AAAAAAAAAAAAA MALAPIT NA YUNG DIVORCE YAWA x100 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

i still pity sovieshit's men though :/ they do be suffering under such a stupid... i cant even call him emperor

the memes at the end of each chapter help me keep on going.

Finally we are getting close to the divorce!!!

Thank you for the translations!!

Im gonna say something, if they ever make a tv show of this they should cast Anno Torv for the empress.

Group Leader
@buecherwurmin not justifyng his actions, but I think for his child to get true legal status as an heir (as in first in line and a respected choice to the public), the Empress has to adopt them. That's why he said in previous chapters that they might become her child too (ew). Of course our FL refused as she should since he's forcing it onto her.

I love how the king created a stupidly massive problem just to try to fix it later, i do appreciate him caring for Naviers social standing and the perception of the public of her going so far as to be viewed as the villain for a while, I wonder how will he react when all his plans are overturned on the divorce and new marriage part

Hot take.. and this has been a long time coming but im now sure of it.

Im team rashta, sue me. Im not a fan of her or her flawed personality necessarily, but im with her against this classist, pro-monarchy, misogynistic narratives the story has been feeding us.

First of all, yall are hating on a pregnant woman who used to be an ex slave. Yeah she's annoying as hell. Yeah shes hella naive and child-like. Yeah she's outclassed and has an utter lack of skills at court compared to navier. And yeah rashta's irritatingly ambitious now with her scheming.

But this girl's playing the game of an incredibly defiant social uplift, the one where literal institutions are stacked against the little guy. She's a not a peasant- she's an EX SLAVE in the nobility - what do you expect from someone trying to survive at court when she's simultaneously got nothing and everything to lose?

So what, the ex slave ruined some rich ass duchess's reputation - more power to her. Eat the fucking rich. Goes without explanation that a country with slavery exploits the poor and this kingdom is no different. An ex slave turned the tables on a person hoarding wealth and the story wants us to sympathize with noble Goliath and her marriage troubles? And don't get me started with Rovieschu's daughter, who, contrary to the amazing translators' opinions, isn't someone one should call cute. The story positions, if not pushes us to sympathize with the blackmailing master's daughter, who degrades rashta while mooching on her recently uplifted status. just because the redhead is chummy with Navier? Rovieschu's daughter's A LITERAL SLAVER. who gives a flying fuck if she received a bad dress? More power to rashta for standing up to her previous masters. Whose side would yall have been on in slave narratives?

Obviously, this Manhwa's mc is the empress, a character with a likable personality and easily sympathizable as the cuckolded partner. it's obviously been narrated with bias. But when it comes to cheating, it's important to realize it's 100% the disloyal partner's fault. Sure, you'd hope his mistress would be more empathetic to the betrayed wife, but in this situation, the wife is an empress and rashta is an ex slave. This context matters. If the slavery in this world is even an ounce similar to the history of slavery in our world, its undeniable there are no rules when it comes to survival, esp. when your life and safety of your descendants are at stake. Annoying or not, rashta has done nothing but just that. She has housed her child, whom she unmistakably misses even if she's in denial about it. She has found a means of income in a patriarchal world where women are expected to be wives more than part of the working class. But go off and laugh that a single mom can't see her own kid because it'd literally jeopardize both their safety and hopes for social uplift. And what is UP with all this shaming of Rashta having had a baby as a slave with her previous master? You can miss me on that blatant slutshaming. The story seems to signal that as evidence of how undeserved her rise to power is, instead of how tenuous and temporary her position is *because* of these origins.

Historically, slave-master relationships are rape. It doesn't matter if it was consensual or not. Any relationship with someone who has that much power over you is considered rape under law. Theres a reason that relationships between prison guards and detainees legally constitutes rape today. So yes, rashta is uncompelling and bumbling and flailing and clumsy and stupid. Im not denying that. But you also can't deny she's looking out for herself in a den of rich and powerful people, many of whom likely cultivated their wealth via inheritance or exploitation of the poor - AND want to maintain their oligarchal exclusivity. you can call rashta's schemes selfish or solipsistic or destructive, but at the end, all you're doing is protecting the institution that allowed slavery in the kingdom in the first place - which btw is hardly. talked. about. In this fandom. The Navier we know and love manages a land with slavery. We have to acknowledge that. She never questions the state of her realm as what is obviously an egregious institution built off human rights violations but go off with how important the romance with heinley is or that rashta copied her dress (gasp!) 🙄

When you indiscriminately hate on rashta - to the point you hate her more than the emperor, well... thats not just classism and misogyny but shameless apathy towards someone who, in today's standards, would be a survivor of human trafficking. Im not buying this elitist, pro-monarchist narrative and I hope you as knowledgeable readers are empathetic enough to see its deeply flawed message. I want navier to divorce the bitch husband. I want rashta to survive. I want both ladies to flourish. These wishes can coexist.

Fed-Kun's army
@howalonnie no i disagree, period. Rashta do things without thinking for other people, and she could do better by not listening to those 2 bastard, i know shes kinda smart, but man does she ignore the result of her action to other people, even to a country/empire ffs, if this manhwa ending is the empire falling (people killed not just from war, but the post-war effect) then we all know the one who made it possible

Double-page supporter
With these crazy fast releases it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify spending coins on Webtoons lol...

Fed-Kun's army
@howalonnie
I agree with you to some extent. Rashta really was just doing everything to live a good life and she even loves the emperor. I don't like a few of the things she's done, but she's doing what she can I guess. I don't even hate the emperor who likes Rashta because he can't feel any comfort from his own wife. The empress is great because she focuses on her job and does everything for the kingdom. It's not like she's just some rich lady living the life. She's doing everything in her power, regardless of how far her reputation falls, to keep the kingdom going. That's a bit of the issue though since she doesn't show much love to the emperor.

Fed-Kun's army
@AusarKun
It's bad that Rashta does things without thinking, but that's because she wasn't educated the same way. It's easy for her to get manipulated because she was a former slave. One of the guys manipulating her is also blackmailing her and the other is using the right words to get her to do what he wants. It's not entirely her fault that these things happen, but I can understand if you hate her.

Yall are one of the best scans Teams and yall read my mind with the T/N's🤣 I love your Skills and the way you guys do things ! Thanks for the mass update, Enjoy your 2 week break 💙

@AusarKun

"Rashta do things without thinking for other people"
By other people, you must mean the nobles who accumulated wealth in a land with an institution of slavery. Why would anyone care about the livelihoods of rich people so much? The wealthy don't care.

Your argument is literally berating a rape survivor who escaped slavery for not sufficiently "caring" about those complicit in her oppression. You can miss me with that elitist misogyny.

"if this manhwa ending is the empire falling (people killed not just from war, but the post-war effect) then we all know the one who made it possible"

Yeah. Heinley. He's a sovereign planning to invade the country.

Fed-Kun's army
@howalonnie I agree with you for the most part, but I wouldn't call myself a Rashta fan. I can sympathize with her, especially as a slave (and the fact that this novel ignores how evil slavery is pissed me off). I think the community's hatred for her is completely unjustified. She's just a woman who has no idea what she's doing and is being utterly manipulated by Elgy. People hate her because of the damage she does to Navier, but really I'd argue that she's just the tool being used to harm Navier, not the weilder.

However none of this makes her a likeable or particularly sympathetic character, especially because the novel completely ignores the trauma that being a slave would actually have. As such she's written as neuther a good side character or a good villain; she's just a tool that Elgy and Sovieshit use against Navier.

Now, Sovieshit is completely different. He makes an excellent antagonist because he's so self absorbed in his priviledge. He thinks that everyone should be fawning over him like Rashta does, all while failing to realize that Rashta is also using him to survive. When Navier fails to do that he throws a fit. Because he's been raised as an Emperor from the start, his background turned him into the insufferable prick he is.

TLDR Rashta doesn't deserve the hate the community gives her, but part of that hate stems from the fact that she's just a poorly written character. Sovieshit does though, and that's because he's a well written character.

Dex-chan lover
@howalonnie "First of all, yall are hating on a pregnant woman who used to be an ex slave." - doesn't matter one bit what she was or if she's pregnant or not if she's fucking garbage. "it's important to realize it's 100% the disloyal partner's fault" - if Rashta weren't a dick about it, yes, but that's not the case. The rest what you wrote is just ranting based on anti-slavery sentiment that doesn't have to do anything with the fact that she's a dick. However you go around about it.

@TrollKing1

"The empress is great because she focuses on her job and does everything for the kingdom. It's not like she's just some rich lady living the life."

And yet she does nothing about slavery while she sits in the palace.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy seeing navier in the webtoon but slaverys nothing to scoff at. she's a monarch more preoccupied with defending the reputation and power of the crown than the livelihood of her people. How great can a country be if slavery still is accepted as a part of its institution? The novel never talks about that, and there's a reason why. It's important to see what is left unsaid, esp. Since the storyline is staunchly pro-navier.

Users who are viewing this thread