Rengoku no Karma

Kind of good at the beginning.. but idk it went kinda weird tho the cycle of bullying that they write kinda make sense (revenge is bad and whatnot), the only Chara I like here is the dog and probably the MC :p

and what's with the translation skip :'U

tfw you committed suicide to end your suffering, but only ended up suffering more on your ghost form

So, are the 6 that commited suicide dead? The girl re-do the plastic surgery and has her old face? I didn’t understand the time lapse in the end

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I came for the lulz, stay for the feels and go back to my reality with self-respect and new perspective.
This manga is really good, both the story and art. ..........I just can't express my feeling of this manga though words or texts. Shit its harder when you have similar experience

Fed-Kun's army
MangaDex is gonna make me learn French to read Korean and Japanese manga and webcomics.

Double-page supporter
@couscous
It's not the same for everyone. When I was at some of my absolute lowest points, the thought of how it would affect my parents was one of the things that kept me going. But I will admit, the way it's portrayed in this manga bothered me.

No character or event consistancy, time jumps everywhere littered with continuity errors and jump cut, messy narration, cheap tearjerking moments and heavy handed pontifying morals, obnoxious good guys and bad guys, shoddy plot pushing, character teleport, etc...
That's a shame, it started with a good idea and had an interresting beginning with a direct attack of two difficult themes but the execution is subpar and after the first arc it's starting to get repetitive and feel stretched out.

Imagine a train transporting used unwashed trashcans crashing, and for whatever reason catching fire - watching and smelling whole thing slowly being consumed by flames is what approximately reading this story can be compared to.

There's no likeable character in this manga at all.

This is extremely stupid.

Holy hell. The art is nice but GOD DAMN this story is hot garbage.

This is a positive review. I recommend it, but if suicide and bullying distress you, go read Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan or something.

First arc:
It is true that story has a ton of deus ex machinas, but that doesn't make it messy. It instead accentuates the truth about fate: one life is connected with another with another with another. Every single character had a role to play in the story, and all of them bring out the theme of the story: not suicide, but the problems, the tragedies that come after. Never, ever think that everything is over after you take your own life, for only those who did will know what it's like after. And for all we know, this could be the world after.
especially the part where time is stopped and MC is forced to look at his dead father forever. Kinda like Barry in the Speed Force Prison.
My only complaint is
the author didn't show us what happened to Fuwa, who instead got removed like a Disney villain

Second arc:
Caught up until Chapter 27. I will make a better review once I'm done reading everything, but I can say that it is less negative than the first arc. Less violence and less tragic backstories.
The grandma's story hit me especially hard. A mother would truly do anything for their children. Should children think of their parents as a nuisance, they really would not hesitate to removed themselves from their children's lives. Appreciate your parents more (unless your parents were horrible, in which case it is better to remove them from your life, but I cannot say, for I have not the experience. I love my parents).

Group Leader
Wait is there seriously no english translation for the missing chapters?
Sigh, adding it to my list

This had so much potential, if you enjoy the journey not the end, you’ll enjoy it. Just skip the 1st arc last chapter and it’s a good manga. Can’t comment on 2nd coz its skipped, ending was weird tho

What the heck is going on with the grandma chapter? So because she willingly went along with it, the two people who planned out her murder, and sent her to die, and told her that what she was taking would be medicine.. they shouldn't feel guilty about what they did? This is a really weird message to send.

Users who are viewing this thread