Rent-A-Girlfriend

Double-page supporter
Ah, yes, Kanokari. The textbook case of what happens when a serialized author reaches the Dark Enlightenment: realizing that they can continue making risk-free money so long as the status quo of their series remains for as long as possible.

for those who are towards the latest chapters released, is it worth reading? I'm like chapter 93 and my balls are falling, but I would like to at least know if this MC improves at least IN A NIT or remains an asshole

Group Leader
Massive respect to the author. He found a perfect manga formula to both exploit a niche reader community that is willing to throw money away, AND be controversial enough so that it is always in the public discussion. All while literally drawing the main heroine as his girlfriend IRL on Twitter.
But seriously, if this manga still isn't good at chapter 230, what are the odds it's gonna suddenly become a masterpiece 10 chapters later? Anyone still reading this manga needs to be seriously studied as a special case of sunk-cost fallacy

This manga is just such a dumpster fire of trash. It was honestly decent up until the movie arc. Then things just dragged on for eternity and progress has been like watching ice melt. 90% of every chapter is Kazuya’s inner monologue on how perfect and attractive Chizuru is. At this point the only reason I still read is just because I like to see things through to the end ☠️.

Users who are viewing this thread