Rent-A-Girlfriend

hmm this looks fappable but somehow the ecchi tag and 6.65 rating scares me off

This hurts my head and it takes so much effort to not drop this the further i go in. This mc is actually so bad because the author just drags things out for the sake of making it longer, I get it that he's nervous, but when it just makes absolute no sense on the decisions the characters make sometimes. I wish the mc would develop more. Pretty far in but theres so much wasted potential so far imo

God, this manga only gets worse with every chapter. Time to delete it from my list.

I think I will drop this, sorry. I don't want to waste my time waiting for nothing.

The mangaka should end this before it becomes a greater trash than it already is. Started well then became formulaic, disappointing.

Contributor
Finished ch 1-85. I'm pretty sure the glaciers advanced faster than this relationship.

BTW @vexelpops, if you're looking for something to read for the ecchi, this isn't it. It hardly deserves the tag IMO.

Binged 1-86.

This is a complicated manga. I guess what makes me keep wanting to read is mainly the huge cliffhangers they set up all the time, and that always - ALWAYS - amount to nothing.
The characters feel real and flawed, but I don't think it can be credited to the mangaka's genius mind. It actually just feels that the flaws are his eject button from any possible development. "I'm just not manly enough" and here we go back to square one.

If the mangaka pulls off a nice ending after all the mess the story is up to this point, he truly deserves an award. I'll be following, not really sure why.

Dex-chan lover
I left this comment on the latest chapter (at the time of typing this) but to make sure more people see it.

"A lot of people don't understand the appeal of Ruka, or hell even Mami. (plus the side characters actually) They're the only characters not listlessly being dragged along by the actions of other people. Ruka MADE a decision and it actively trying to get what she wants. If there's ANY moral take away to this manga. 'Don't make decisions, let other people decide for you, and don't stand up for yourself.'"

Girls is about to crash her own party, gg.
Plot aside, Mami is still number one in my eyes. She's pretty clearly got some personality problems, but her whole breakup and stuff after that has been to get mc to notice her and be jealous of her - but she's being reasonable about it all, she isn't just going around ruining lives like so many exes do. Ruka claims to be playing the long game, but Mami has the patience and strategy to actually pull it off. Of course, if she wasn't shy, and mc wasn't too self-deprecating and thoughtless, he could've called her out on her crap and they woudn't have broken up in the first place....

christ it's like i'm in a constant state of blueball. could we get some genuine progression now? if i wanted to wait 100 chapters for progression i'd go read a shoujo manga

I think I will just come back when this is finished. I quite liked it when it started off and when he realised his feelings for Chizuru. But this back and forth that comes with being a harem manga is fustrating. I think it could've been a good manga without adding harem elements to it. I expect him to end up with Chizuru in the end, as that's usually how it goes. So it'll be worthwhile to read it once its over I hope.

Contributor
How can this thing get 10 tomes without getting axed ?

It's a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread