Rent-A-Girlfriend

I understand that many hate the mc, but a rating below 7? The girls, all beside the og bitch, are great and also the 'granny-plotdevice' is ok too. So far, great manga

Double-page supporter
@hentaiweaboo a 6 is techinically listed as "fine" which is more or less good for something that feels like a worse version of Domestic No Kanojo...

Aggregator gang
After this chapter, people can't go getting mad at the MC anymore. If you do, you're just being unfair as a person. Mizuhara pulled some serious guilt strings here and brought up good points on their situation. Dude's caught, but this time it's HER fault because he was finally about to put an end to it. And we all know Ruka is just gonna make things worse.

hmm, is the trash MC get better now? I also dropped this manga ages ago.
I see, the harem tag is there now. I'll give this another shot.

Double-page supporter
@ak0ztik Na that’s a faux-harem tag since the MC has a bunch of suitors(God only knows why)but he will only end up with one girl.

I'm still having doubt to continue reading this, since the comments from last chapter seems nothing has changed since i left this manga in ch33, or actually this became worse?
@firefox1234
that'll actually surprise me if he will end up w/ one girl.. since he deserves none.

Double-page supporter
@ak0ztik well thats manga for you the self inserts have to be given their moment of catharsis or else how would they feel about their chances of getting a girl if the loser MC they feel close to cant lol. Whether its OP MCs or MCs like this guy its all wishful fulfillment.

heck the rating is 6 and this shit is even better than domekano and even if the chapters are slowly reaching a 100 and yet the status quo is still there we should at leadt give this a 7 or something

Contributor
We should at least give this a 7 or something

Yeah, no.
For me , this story is 2/10, max, only because of the not bad artwork.
6/10 is a manga i would buy if i like it enough even if the story has some flaws.

A story like this one which is a pain to read, with tons of fillers and a annoying cast of characters, i don't see how i can give this a good rating.

Actually, the rating of most manga is already too high, bcz of ppl giving only 9 or 10 to each manga they follow.

Double-page supporter
@Maplereads first of all domestic no kanojo is manga version of fast food so when I’m trying to compare to something good that’s not the manga I choose no matter how good junk food tastes. Second, this is 10x worse than DnK as the cast of characters are 10x more annoying and 10x more stupid(which is quite the accomplishment). This author may be a great drawer but an even worse skill he picked up from DnK is padding chapters with BS. Also a 6 is listed as “fine” so it’s technically not rated badly even though in my opinion it’s around 1/2.

I really like these comments... that both characters are dumb as soon... I think you really don't understand story at all or you have seen so much cliches that you just want rush it all.. Although that you have 11 vols almost 12, nothing really happend in story because it's slow and not rushed like in others.. Speed is decent and situations have normal speed and decent results too i would say..

DnK in anime form had how many episodes until something how you say romantic ? That story had different start and approach and you compare it with this most... Typical ppl

This story isn't just romance or comedy but also drama and i think autor do it in decent way.. Yea some part of story are exmachine coincidence but that's simple in novel/manga i would say ??? You would except maybe more romance or you would say it's childish but i think it's better less and realistic than what you are used to from different stories.. >.>

Both MC's have their own trouble, though MC was normal and he just went to bad path how to deal with it... FMC hadn't any romance until now, because she waits for somebody who would understand her (in my opinion) + she don't open her emotions to everybody because she don't wanna be seen as fragile person...

Ruka situation was first opportunity how to our FMC wanted help MC and girl which don't understand her emotions and i don't see with this character some problem or how you say it's filler character... It's just a girl which is bind by her illness + childhood and MC was first by his reckless behaviour which proved that she can live as others..

His Ex whatever it was reason (maybe i missed it in story) she broke with him cleary regrets her choice and i would say, she try in worst way fix - the end... (or how you say it's b...)

So where is your problem ? I didn't except some fast development when i started read this it was obvious their story will be complicated, slow and will depends on patience and not lust...

PS: yea sorry for my english i know it's terrible

I really love this manga and I'm gratefull that I read all the complaints about only after I arrived at ch.91.
Is funny how any another comedy manga, where there isn't a story but only females harem with an enormous boobs, have a score of 8...is really funny. This manga isn't the best of romcom, but is really good and in a certain way, is original too.

This is pretty frustrating to read.
The overall story is decent, but this MC's behavior is just annoying. I've only recently made it to ch.45 and I'm already thinking of dropping it.
Guess I'll give it a few more chapters to see will the MC's behavior get better or will he keep being the nitwit that he is.

This chapter basically didn't even need to exist. It isn't setting up anything at all, Kazuya is still fumbling about being uncertain and the one character who has driven the story forward has just declared she is going to be more passive.

"Stop! I can't take anymore. I can't...I can't do this. I cannot do this any ****ing more!! I can't do it anymore!!" This mc is the anchor sinking this manga for me. I cannot take anymore of anything he does.

If you don't like the mc. Well, you must be a confident person in real life. Taking into account that the mc is a "loser" in terms of getting a girl and how he's socially pressured are big factors on why he acts like that.

"That part where you wanted to come clean but the circumstances won't let you."

I think this is a good manga, those kind of situations happens in real life.

@Evilgorilla1234 I didn't really think of him as a loser. Just a dumbass. EVERYTHING he does is stupid. "No i don't want to go out with the girl who has genuine feelings for me that I said is cute, I want a real girlfriend.", "Even though i'm having someone pretend to be my girlfriend, why don't I try to get closer to this other girl which might potentially blow my cover". Just not rational. I like all the other characters in the manga I believe they all have their roles and fill them well except the MC. But he's a nice guy so he gets the harem.

Users who are viewing this thread